Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

NEED ADVICE Pain Med Problems

Comments

• I bet it happens ALOT JJ... Both ways... People stealing them, people abusing them... Thats what I'm worried about, that he'll think "Same old song and dance - heard this one 10 times this week" Thats why I was thinking of taking in some of the articles from the news about this jerk. I'll keep ya posted. God help me...Just pray for me!
  • Just be honest with your doc and maybe his radar will go up a little with you but just prove to him over time that you are responsible with your meds. Good luck.
  • advertisement
  • Please do report the person whom you even think stole your pills; remember they are committing a federal felony in taking them. If you don't report them, at the very least you are an enabler to their addiction, and possibly an accomplice to their crime.

I am sorry you are suffering, but I don't know if your doc will refill your meds - highly doubt it if they know they have been "diverted" even against your will. Filing a report will show at least your taking a stand against letting this happen again.

Finally, I know this is expensive - but they now make safes (they are actually intended to keep handguns under beds or under car seats, but can be equally useful for meds) that read your fingerprint and your fingerprint alone - they run about $120.

That person is lower than scum to steal meds from a post-op surgical patient, and its sound like their significant other you are trying to protect could use more of a wake-up call too.

Prayers that your pain eases up and that you find the courage to put that scumbag in his place!
  • Please report and confront this person. I had a very close friend who was struggling with addiction. I distanced myself from him for a long time, but let him back into my life. Before he came over I hid my medication, but for 1 minute when I had my back turned he managed to find it while claiming to go to the bathroom. He denied taking it and I told him he did not need to lie to me. I should have reported it to the police but I didn't. He died to a drug overdoses less than a week later. Addiction is a terrible disease and many of these people cannot control their action.
  • So very sorry this has happened to you.
    I have not had any of my pain meds stolen but I do have a nephew who would steal them if given a chance.
    What I do is count out what I take in one day and put on them in a seperate bottle. The rest I hide.
    I also write down the time I can take my meds and cross that time off when I take one.This way I keep track of how often I am taking my meds and if any come up missing I can spot it in a instant.
    If I am out for a day all I carry with me is the seperate bottle.
    Just a thought. Hope you get everything sorted out.
    BTW.....I had a C fusion and they went through the side of my neck. Have not had any problems since.
    Cheers
    Patsy W :H
  • advertisement
advertisement