Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Disability Hearing

Comments

• I wish that I could keep some of the back pay. I am lucky in that I have LTD from my last employer. I am greatful that I did not have to go 2 years with no pay at all but any back pay will go to my attorney and to the LTD company as an offset. I have read lots of SSD articles online and my attorney confirmed that it is much harder to get approved if you are under 50. I agree that is not fair and should have nothing at all to do with it.
  • Went for my hearing on the 15th sept 09 still waiting for the out come. My laywer asked me more Questions then the judge wich who was very nice also there was a Votec person there and she told the judge that she could not match for me at all. I am 53 yrs old .My Laywer told me that it sounds like I will get it I sure hope so and good luck to you

S1-L3-L4-L5-FUSED WITH SPACERS AND ALL THE METAL HARDWARE
  • advertisement
  • I know the waiting is hard but we all know that the government does nothing fast. I also think that it sounds good for you. I think that is key that the voc rehab expert could not match you with anything. I will keep me fingers crossed for you. Let me know how you make out.
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
    I was 54 when I won mine. I was on my last appeal if you remember. And I hired a attorney that only did ssdi cases. I was told he was the best in the area and he was!(actually he was 150 mi. away)
    We did it all by phone,fax, mail. And I never met him face to face. But he won my appeal and I never even had to appear! Although I had to give up a little of the back pay.
    When it comes to attorneys, It's who they know and how well they are respected.
    You know the old saying "Its not what you know it's who you know"!!!
    I'll be saying a prayer for you.
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • well not long after I posted yesterday the mail passed and low and behold there was a letter from SSD and it said that their decision -Fully Favorable AND I SAY THANK YOU JESUS
  • advertisement
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
    Good for you! I hope J.J. gets the same letter!!!
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Ron, That is great news! Only took you about 6 weeks. I am very happy for you!

Jim, I hope the good attorney thing does not hold true in my case. He did seem to know everyone there but I was not at all impressed with my attorney. By the time that I figured him out it was too late just a few days before my hearing.

Thanks again to all for all of the well wishes. I will definitely let you all know the minute that I hear. It will be great if it only takes 6 weeks instead of 12.
advertisement