Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Neurontin - side affects

advertisement

Comments

• I take 300 mg in the morning and 400 mg at night. In my dosage that is 3 pills in the morning, and 4 at night. I do not take anything mid day. I can say I felt some of the out of it symptoms folks are discussing but that went away in about a week. I work all day -- don't feel any different. Perhaps it is the dosage -- I believe it really helps for my nerve pain post op. No weight gain, in fact I've lost weight but that is because I am exercising more.
  • Shell74 said:
    Hi Kris, I took Neurontin for a while and felt like a walking zombie. Running into walls, forgeting entire days etc... That was only at a very low dose, I just couldnt adjust to it at all, raising it to a therapeutic level was totally out of the question. I took the Lyrica as well and was OK on the lower dose but got the same goofy effect when they dose got high enough to make a difference in pain levels.

As others have said you can take the higher dose at bedtime and keep the daytime at a comfortable level (of course if thats OK with your dr.) I have heard thats a pretty common way to take it.

Good luck, I hope that you get some good relief at the new levels.

hugs,
    Shell
    My mom had exactly that same reaction to Neurontin, which we called "Orangies" between us for years, and not only did she stagger around and walk into walls, but it also affected her bladder control. She quit that pretty quick.

TitanNeck
  • advertisement
  • well I take the Neurontin and 3x600 per day and they do help me sleep and my pain but I found that its hard for me to keep an intelligent see I cant even find the word so Ill say talk with people. I lfound this is a common side effect. Use to be able to type 80wpm but now Its hard to spell and find proper grammer. I am going to confront doc when I see him next. Thanks people
  • well I take the Neurontin and 3x600 per day and they do help me sleep and my pain but I found that its hard for me to keep an intelligent see I cant even find the word so Ill say talk with people. I lfound this is a common side effect. Use to be able to type 80wpm but now Its hard to spell and find proper grammer. I am going to confront doc when I see him next. Thanks people
advertisement