Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Intrathecal Pain Pumps - Success Rates?

advertisement

Comments

• I for one don't care for the statistics, I used to be overly concerned with them. My new Nero, been treating me for 9+ years, said something to me one time and it really struck home. I asked about the stats on the surgery he said "I don't talk stats, lets say I have a 99% success rate, and you are in the 1% that doesn't work, the stats don't matter in that case." Made sense to me, I trust him and he has never let me down. I am looking into a pain pump as well, and I go on the 11th and am asking for a referral for a pump. Good luck
  • Ok its been a while now that I have had my pump (morphine/bupivicaine cocktail), and I am still trying to be positive and keep thinking that they are still tweaking levels to get to where I need to be. But, this past week has been a living hell for me. On the 1st I was in the ER in so much pain I thought I would pass out just from the touch of my clothes on my back. The Dr there (small town ER) didnt have a clue about the pumps, how they worked, the meds, nuttin. I was pretty frustrated. I was given two 50mg shots of demerol to help me get thru the weekend till I could get to my pain doc. As I have been going in for increases my side effects are increasing. Started with some nausea, itching, and now swelling and very intense pain. My dr says that the water retention is causing all my nerve endings to be pushed to the skin surface causing the hyper sensitivity. So on a water pill for 5 days to bring that down and increased my kadian 30mg 2x a day up to 3x a day for the same number of days... back in on Thur. to have the morphine removed and fentynal put in. They tell me that this will be much stronger then the morphine was. Im wondering if anyone else has had any severe reactions to the morphine in this form, if they have been changed to any other cocktail and if so what. If the new med dont work I dont know where I will end up. Im just so darn frustrated. This was supposed to be the best thing to help aleviate my pain, and so far its not doing much but making me sick.... Good luck to anyone going this route, its a process.

Gentle Hugs,
    MissT
  • advertisement