Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Going to Disney World!

advertisement

Comments

• Paulgla - Mission Space is still pretty intense. My son and I just about hurled after the "More Intense" version of the ride. I recommend everyone try the "Less Intense" until you know how your stomach will handle it.

Expedition Everest in Animal Kingdom put a hurtin' on me. It is a bit jerky. I used a TENS unit the entire time I was there which helped, but since I walked all the parks, my back was still "done" at the end of each day.

I got one of the passes Angie spoke about that allows you to enter a different way in order to be more comfortable. But, we were just there two weeks ago and the longest we had to wait was 10 minutes for any ride, so I didn't have to use it. My kids wanted me to so they could jump the line, but I had to explain the difference between right and wrong...again.

Keith
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • Just a comment for anyone traveling and filling scripts, don't know how it is for Florida. In Illinois, ONLY a doc, not a PA or NP, can write for things like oxycontin. So, while I can bring in a script from another state written by a doc for that med, if written by a mid-level provider, forget it.
  • advertisement
  • My all time favorite coaster is the Incredible Hulk in Universal or what ever they call it now.
    I once rode it FOUR times in a row!

I was at the Disney this year between my trial and permanent SCS placement this spring. PM would probably frown on me abusing myself that way again now.

Kind of on/off topic, but I find it very frustrating to have a small section of "good" days, only to wake one day and feel like a semi has rolled over you, they scraped you of the road and tossed the remains in a trash barrel and you have to crawl out....so, be careful down there :D
  • I absolutely LOVE roller coasters. I have never been to disney but have always wanted to go. I thought that was now a pipe dream with all of my back issues but after reading this I am wondering if there may be a way that I could do it. I hope that you have a great time. You certainly deserve it with some of the things you have been through recently. Be sure to tell us all about it when you get back.
  • ride is Dinosour in Animal Kingdom, but there is no way I can do it now. Last time I rode it was when my back first started to get really bad and after the ride started, I thought, what am I doing???? I still loved it!
  • advertisement
advertisement