Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Comp Dr

Comments

• I am wondering if Lori has gotten any help with her issues? I have been dealing with w.c. for a year now. My last mri also said annular tear. Have done the shots, theraphy, theraphy again, several docs. No one wants to get involved or make a move. Just send me to another doc. I am looking for a good ortho guy in the Pittsburgh area that wont be afraid to help me with the pain. Yes in my reports it says "Slight nerve irratition"-Not slight to me. Ive had 2 mris and 2 nerve conduction test that all showed something but no help from anyone. I am seeing a chiro now, he seems to be the only one that will listen! Any help would be appreciated!
  • Hi Tessa,

I am from north of Pittsburgh,about 60 miles. But I had been seeing a Dr. Michael Casey with Greater Pittsburgh Orthopaedic Assoc. They have offices all over, but I saw him in a sattelite office up in the valley. Since we get to Pitts. on Rt 28, that was closer for me than going into the city. He was going to do my cervical fusion surgery a couple years ago. I wasn't sure i wanted to do it, and am still putting it off.

My 2nd opinion dr. was in Monroeville, a Dr. El-Kadi, but he is a neurosurgeon, rather than ortho.

What i have found are that surgeons aren't much for pain control. Unless thay can fix something surgically, they will send you to the PM drs, or back to the PCP dr. Good luck and let me know how you make out.

Go Steelers! Go Pitt! Go Pens!
  • advertisement
  • Thank you all for the advice. I called the adjuster and told the whole story to him. He told me to pick a new Dr!!!!!
    Of course he set a few parameters and asked me to shy away of neurosurgeons as they tend to want to operate first. But he left the fireld pretty open. I got a good referral to a Dr in larger town and am awaiting adjusters permission to schedule appt. So it is looking up. Meanwhile I still have to see the comp dr. and my labs came back fine (imagine that!). So my thyroid is not causing my "perception" of pain. Poor Dr is stumped at what could be wrong with me. LOL.
    In good spirits and comforted by the care and support here, thanks again!