Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Spine-Health Admin Staff !!!

Aviatrix36440Aviatrix36440 Posts: 5,722
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Matters of the Heart
Greetings all!!

I have only been on this site for a short time. I have had back and surgically neck issues for years (neck 2 years) and something I have noticed about this site I wanted to point out and say a huge THANK YOU to!

Most sites the "Administrative Staff" is an evil necessity, or you don't see them, or they put a site up and you never know they exist! This site is refreshing in that this is NOT the case at all - totally opposite actually!

Though I haven't chatted or exchanged forum posts with all the "Mods, Authority, Admin" etc., I have had the pleasure of 5 in specific. Please note, if I missed someone it is because I wasn't aware you were one!

dilauro, haglandc, tamtam, Neck of Steel,Paulgla

Be it chat, be it posts, these folks have been there 100% in support, advise, or general discussions. Very refreshing is an understatement. I can tell these guys are VERY dedicated to this site and its members. I want to point out some of them in particular. I had another fusion 10 weeks ago and along with it I am having some negative issues. I was getting concerned and not finding enough answers, Tamtam was there in a heartbeat. She like us is not a doctor, but she is awsome on listening and adding some insight to my concerns. She doesn't judge, she doesn't belittle, she is supportive! Haglandc "C" is another really positive person that supports US and this site. She too gives support, comfort, and just words of encouragement. Neck of Steel, same thing, very engaged and caring of what all goes on around here and too with its members. Dilauro "Ron", same. You are a veteran of much more than most of us will ever go through, and yet here you are for anyone that needs an ear! Paulgla, you and I have chatted, and your personality shows through also as caring and dedicated to this site.

I am a zillion percent sure the rest of the Admin folks on here are just as dedicated, I just haven't "had the pleasure" yet. Guys, I just wanted to put my own personal THANK YOU for the hours, personal investment and such that you all do here day in and day out! You all talk of us "members" making this site, well guess what, that also ties strongly to you all being engaged as you are. Thanks again. I will get off my soapbox now!

Brenda
PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
advertisement

Comments

• i am so glad you have found the mods and authority members to be so wonderful and supportive to you.. =D> you will also find that the "regular" spineys have alot to offer as well. :D we may not have titles by our name but we still have lots of information and insight to offer as well as compassion and understanding. i hope you meet some of these "regular" members. good luck to you and i am happy you are so pleased with the forum. :D Jenny :)
  • lulusheart said:
    i am so glad you have found the mods and authority members to be so wonderful and supportive to you.. =D> you will also find that the "regular" spineys have alot to offer as well. :D we may not have titles by our name but we still have lots of information and insight to offer as well as compassion and understanding. i hope you meet some of these "regular" members. good luck to you and i am happy you are so pleased with the forum. :D Jenny :)
    Jenny,

Oh, please don't get me wrong. I have gotten support from "regular" fellow spineys. No question there at all! :-) I like many have been on sites were the folks that keep the site "tidy" aren't always so well received or acknowledged. To me that is a very pleasant surprise.

Brenda
  • advertisement
  • i know one thing that makes this site different from all others and that is we all care for one another with or without a title. :D i am so glad you know that... we all work together and i am sure you have found "work" to do here as well!! it can be a busy place. take care and have a great afternoon. :D Jenny :)
  • It is so nice to be appreciated. Thank you for your kind words. My goal is to be a support to others, and I hope to always keep that in mind as I perform my role as authority member.

I hope to visit with you in chat one of these days. I seldom go there anymore, but will try to make a point to come in and say hello.
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • The members here are the most important part of spine-health. You have spent countless hours welcoming new members and making a difference here. It does not go unnoticed. I would like to personally thank you for the time you spend here uplifting and helping others. Keep up the good job.
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • advertisement
  • Cindy,

Your goal is definitely being reached from what I see! I can see by your avatar you've had more than your fair share on the "neckie" side of the house, yet you maintain a great attitude, and help where you can. That says a lot! I look forward to chatting with you! Take care...:-)

Brenda
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,419
    Brenda, your kinds words about the Moderators and the Authority team are well received. What I have seen what helps make this site regarding the 'staff' is that all of us are members first. Each of us have been through and are still going through many of the problems that each of you have, so its easy to understand.
    But with just the nine of us, it is impossible to be able to extend a helping hand to over the 11,000 members on this site. What really separates this site from the others is the member community, Its close, its an understanding group. What puts us over the top, is that we all share a common bond.

This bond makes us a family and with any family you have differences from time to time, but there is always that respect and love that we all share.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Howdy Ron,

Actually I have to disagree with you a little bit. :? Just by member posting, aren't you all and us "extending a helping hand" to 11,000 members? Sometimes just reading on areas similar to my own is a big help! I would gather there are a great many who don't post, but read bunches! :-)

The spiney family, soooo true, so true!!! Take care Ron.

Brenda
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 1,033
    Good post Brenda,
    But mistakingly Priestess (Miki) was omitted from this post. She is a true warrior that has been of great support to so many others not only here at Spine Health but for her family & friends. She has overcome and continues to battle her own health issues but always has the strength to be there and support others in need. This one is for you Miki! I and so many others want you to know what a positive impact you have had on so many lives.
    The best to you all!
    Ranger
  • Ranger said:
    Good post Brenda,
    But mistakingly Priestess (Miki) was omitted from this post. She is a true warrior that has been of great support to so many others not only here at Spine Health but for her family & friends. She has overcome and continues to battle her own health issues but always has the strength to be there and support others in need. This one is for you Miki! I and so many others want you to know what a positive impact you have had on so many lives.
    The best to you all!
    Ranger
    Howdy Ranger!!!

Actually there are a few I didn't list that I am SURE are tops, I was just relaying my first hand chat or post exchanges and with whom. :-) I've since been reading all over this site, and I couldn't agree more with you Ranger, she seems like super people for sure! Sorry Priestess, no omission, we just haven't "met" yet.

Ranger, this was part of what drove me to start this thread...ALL can and should share their experiences with the folks that maintain this board/site, and help us maintain some sanity! We all help each other out, but it is not common for those who run the sites to be as engaged. I like that!!! Take care man, chat again soon!!! *hug*

Brenda
advertisement