Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

L5 Nerve Sign

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,082
Has anyone heard of this: L5 Nerve Sign or Chapman's Sign? Its apparently an MRI finding that is common but often overlooked. Does anyone know where I can find out more about this?
advertisement

Comments

• From my understanding, they are two totally separate indicators.

The L5 Nerve sign relates to an abnormal lumbar nerve whereas the Chapman's sign is a signal on an ECG indicating a specific cardiac issue.

"C"
  • advertisement
  • Thanks. That abstract seems very useful.
  • I have discussed this with a neurosurgeon who says that the L5 Nerve Sign is recently described by a radiologist. The observation is largely anectdotal, without a lot of scientific proof so far.I can not find any publications in mainstream medical publications.
    In any group of back pain patients it doesn't seem to be very common. But if you find it, it probably means that there is abnormal pathology in the L5 nerve and it seems to imply permanent nerve damage that may persist and be the cause of failed back syndrome. Rarely it can mean the presence of neoplasm like schwannoma, or inflammatory neuritis.
advertisement