Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I am broken hearted

Comments

• I am bone on bone from a collapsed disc. I rely on medications and my back brace. Believe it or not the brace helps me alot. I knew that it would help as soon as I tried it on at the fitting. It immediately felt great. It is a corsette (sp?) style brace. It has wire things in the front and back and laces on the sides. I put it on and pull the side laces tight. It sounds horrid but it really helps. I wear a very tight fitting tank style ribbed t shirt underneath it to keep it from rubbing and irritating my skin. My only surgical options would be ADR or fusion. I am not willing to do either at this point. I try to get by as long as possible hoping that a better option will come along before I am forced in to one or the other. My doc has told me that ADR still has a long way to go before it is perfected and fusions do not have a very good success rate. You really might want to get your doc to send you to an orthotics and get fitted for a good brace. If nothing else it may help you while you are looking for another option. I must admit that my pain meds also help a great deal. Good luck and keep us posted.
This discussion has been closed.