Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.




  • I just had my first RFA Procedure done 11/25/09 (this is after I have had ACDF and three epidurals, which did not help) and I am in way more pain as well. My pain level is at least an 8 now. I have Norco 10/325's but they do not do much. I am debating on whether or not to call the nurse at my PM's office and tell her what is going on or if I should just tough it out and see if it gets better in the next few weeks. It is pretty intense pain. I feel like crying everyday from the pain, I am sick of being in pain all of the time. I have been really strong and tried not to complain but it has been going on so long I feel like losing my sanity. Sorry for venting, just frustrated.
  • Give the doc a call. If you are crying in pain I would consider that severe. If nothing else maybe they can give you a better pain med to get you through until the nerves calm down.

    Good luck and keep us posted.
  • advertisement
  • I had my first RFA 12 weeks ago. I saw my PM Dr. 2 weeks post-op and, at that point, I didn't have any relief from my pain. Everyone kept saying wait 4-6 weeks to see results, well, it's been 12 weeks and my pain has increased so much and remains at a constant level of 7/8. I will never consider this procedure again. My insurance has approved a second trial for a SCS, which I'm scheduled for next week. I hope this works because it is probably my only hope of getting some relief from this pain.
Sign In or Register to comment.