Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

ADR-Lumbar in Germany

advertisement

Comments

• Did you end up having the surgery?
  • I ended up having my surgeon here in the states and also a top notch referred surgeon strongly advise against going in for a three level ADR for me.

I recently went in for a nerve abalation (rhizo) and it has substantially reduced my pain and I am able to get back on my feet and hopefully will be able to get some strength back while my pain is reduced. Apparently it can last up to 18 months, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Today I was laid up, but I over did it a bit this weekend and I'm hoping I'll be better tomorrow.
  • advertisement
  • Why did they advise against the ADR's? Just curious.
  • No. I had contacted my congressman to see if he could help me change the insurance companies minds. He aniciated the final appeal process before I was ready. The appeal was supposed to be determined in 15 days. They only reviewed the appeal for 5 days and denied for policy exclusion and not medically necessary. I informed them that I had additional information for the appeal on the very next day the appeal was started, but it would take time for me to get it to them. They didn't wait for that information. I have been done so wrong.
    My surgeon has referred me to a pain management clinic and my appointment was yesterday.
    That russian doctor yelled at me the entire time I was there and said he could not help me.
  • It was due to the fact that its a three level ADR and they both feel that that would leave too much possibility for failure over time.

I have been doing much better since I had my nerve abalation, but now that I am more active I am back to a fairly high pain level (although I am very happy I'm back on my feet again, even if its only part time). I just got a sacroliliac joint injection this past Monday in hopes that this will get rid of some of my current pain.

This is such a long road, and who knows I may end up going to Germany one day still. Or even better, maybe they will come up with some new technology here soon for all of us.
  • advertisement
advertisement