Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

    Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Finally an answer

2

Comments

  • Well part of me is very excited and wants to get this over with. But when I spoke with my husband today he brought me back down to earth. Trying to do this in 3 weeks is crazy. Especially right before the holidays.

    So here's my new plan. Called ortho who sent me to this surgeon. I want to run this by him. I've know him for 15 years and trust his opinion. Called my neurologist because I think it is only fair to let him know what is going on and see what he says. Then I want to get another opinion. The surgeon I saw yesterday wants to go from the back so he doesnt have to fuse. But I've read good and bad for front and back. Once I decide on the surgeon and method I will need a new MRI which will take up another appointment. SO I think it's after Christmas, probably the second week of January as a few of you suggested.

    Of course this all changes the minute I get an IME appointment. THen it will be surgery in a week before they cut off my benefits.
  • Got a call yesterday from the lawyers office. The no-fault carrier scheduled me for a neuro IME on Dec 10th. So if the second opinion on MOnday says surgery I have to decide if I do it before the IME so they can't cut me off or do I take the chance and wait for January? If I get cut off it means no lost wages payments and the surgery has to come out of my health insurance and counts toward my life time limit.

    I was just accepting the idea of waiting for January and now it's up in the air again.
  • advertisement
Sign In or Register to comment.