Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I've joined the "Post Op" Club

Comments

• I understand all of the comments about not doing too much too soon.
    I had c5-c7, and I just joined this website. My pain came on suddenly (1 month) but it was really severe-- my left tricep was almost gone and I had total weakness/tingling in my left arm-- also before the surgery (2 months of severe pain) it went down my left leg, right leg, lower back you name it - it was DDD. My dr said not to worry about this other pain as many times all of this corrected itself after the spinal cord was relieved of pressure -- he was right. I had my surgery august 20th and feel very good. Yes there is some tightness between the shoulder blades but it is bearable. I take Tylenol Arthritis and Neurontin on an ongoing basis. Not too much of either however. My throat was sore for 3 days, but not much more. What I really focused on (but not before you feel like it) was exercise. I waited about 3-4 weeks before starting this -- walking about 2 miles a day at first. Walking is a perfect solution. Losing weight isn't a bad idea -- I am 47 but 20 pounds heavier than my ideal weight. I walk on average now 4.5 miles a day -- I have lost 10 pounds. So my advice is exercise as you feel like it, don't lift anything too heavy, I am starting light pilates with my husband. This is the time to focus on your total health. My last check up a week ago said I was healing really fast. All the best to you!!