Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

No stimulation in feet

Comments

• Susan, I know you have a paddle lead (unless I'm having a brain fart on that piece of information) but do you know which specific paddle you have?

• I wanted to put a thought out for you in regards to your feet. After my trial, I was really uncomfortable. Everything seemed a lot worse than it was prior to my trial. I talked to my Doctor about doing something for the short term until I get my implant. About 2 1/2 weeks ago I had a selective nerve root block. It managed to drop everything back down to pre-trial levels. The best part is that my tender foot problem is a lot better since the block. It's not gone, but I don't wince with every step I take now (sounds like a song doesn't it?).

Dave
  • advertisement
  • "I have often walked on this street before, but the pavement always stayed beneath my feet before, now as I walk by, my feet wince and cry, knowing they're on the street where you live." I will mention that to my PM Dr. W. and PM Dr. P.
  • I guess these boots were made for walkin.....
  • I don't understand the question? Would you re-phrase, please. Actually, I have two paddle leads (ANS) each with 16 elecrodes. Is that what you were asking?
  • advertisement
  • ANS makes a lot of different paddle leads. They have the Lamitrode Series, Lamitrode C-series, Tripole Series, with several variations of leads in each of those categories. I was wondering if you knew what lead model you have?

It's possible to have 2 paddles, but not with 16 on each unless you have to have 2 IPGs...? None of the manufacturers have an approved 32-contact IPG on the market at this time. :?
  • I don't know. I would have to ask my rep. I was going to call her on Monday anyway, so I'll ask. I'm afraid if I asked my surgeon he would say something cryptic like "it is what it is." Okay, I'm going to really concentrate on getting over that appointment. Susan
  • Is that possibly what your NS was trying to say that you may have from the pain meds? I have heard of it before. My PM does not believe that it exists. Try and keep your chin up. Maybe your PM will have much more insight than your NS. Any chance that you can get another opinion from another NS?
  • I don't think that my intervetional PM will necessarily have better insights but I do believe she will have better verbal skills. This guy also wins the eye-rolling contest. For example, he asked my what kinds of meds I'm taking. "Pain meds?" I asked. Eye roll. I told him Kadian and Dilaudi
    "Those are vert strong. Did you start out taking Dilaudid?" I didn't bother trying to tell him how sensitive I am to drugs and Dilaudid was the first narcotic I found that didn't give me panic attacks. The Kadian was given to me by the PM doc he sent me to because she wanted me to cut back on the Dilaudid and take a long-acting med. I understand what tolerance is. It was one of the main reasons a SCS was recommended to me. It could have been my less than wonderful mood, but I felt defensive and I never even said "It is what it is". And that's that.
  • On the diagnostic report, under the heading lead configuration, its says Lamitrode 88 or 88C.

As an aside, do any of you remember the really weird psychologist I saw for my psych evaluation. I saw him, filled our some questionnaires and he passed me. I then had (what I now know is my annual fall pain flare) and was very frustrated waiting for insurance approval so I thought I would go see this guy for some counselling. After some hesitation, he said "yes". I got there late. He was angry. He suddenly demanded I take another psychological test (the MMPI2). I didn't see how this would constitute counselling and asked him why he wanted me to take it. He pointed at his watch. I left, without even having an appointment. When I got back to my office I called his office and was told that taking the MMPI2 had nothing to do with gettting my SCS. So, this guy started calling me at my house around 6 or 7 pm asking me to come in and take the test. That if I wouldn't, I wouldn't get my stim. I asked the hospital to send me my medical records and here was his notes for my office visit that went on and on about what was said (when, in fact, practically nothing had been said), It was written in such a way as to make me sound like a real fruitcake (no jokes, please). For instance, when I went to meet the PM who was going to do the trial, the folks at that office asked if I wanted to schedule an appointment to meet with their psychologist and I told them I was supposed to go back to the medical college and see their psychologist. In this guys report he said the folks at this clinic recommended I see their psychologist but I refused, making it sound like I did something bad. He said I finally admitted to taking Clonazapam for anxiety where right on all my medical records is says I take it at bedtime. My spinal surgeon had me start taking it to sleep. So, anyway, I found out from another pain psychologist that I saw at my current clinic that this other psychologist did very much the same thing to another woman. She was being tested for fitness for duty for a small police department. He gave her written tests and then sent the tests out for scoring. When the results came in, he kind of cut and pasted statements out of the outsourced reports and reassembled them into an extremely negative report which caused this woman to lose her job. There ended up being a big law suit. I'm so glad I didn't take that other test. I didn't trust him. I thought he was really squirrely. I could have ended up with an extremely negative report in my file that would folllow me around the rest of my life. But why would he do this to people? I, of course filed a complaint with the hospital, with my insurance company, with the Department of Regulation and Licensing but it was his word against mine. What a wierdo.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.