Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

status post cervical epidural- opinions please

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,321
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi ALL

So back in 2007 I was in a car accident which resulted in a small herniation at c6/c7. We treated very conservatively with pt. Neursurg thought radicupathy symptoms would subside and they did. Now 11/2009 left arm pain worse than ever so reimaged c-spine with MRI. Results as follows:

C5/C6 Osteophyte- no significant stenosis noted
C6/C7 a moderate left paracentral disc protrusion and osteophye the effaces the subrachnoid space and flattens the antereolateral margin of the chord. Mild central stenosis is noted.
No definite signal abmoralities noted.
The remaining levels are unremarkable.

Following this MRI I had a Cervical Epidural with catheter that targeted from C5 down through C8. After the procedure my left arm pain drastically decreased going from at times of 8/10 to .5-1/10. This relief lasted about 3 days. Now 1.5 weeks out intenstity basically back to before epidural. At times 8/10. I am scheduled for a second epidural in about 2 weeks.

If anyone has experienced anything like this please comment with your end result. All comments will be appreciated. My doctors are great and I am confident in them just venting inbetween appts. Im very young mid twenties. Male

Thank-You
advertisement

Comments

• I had the first of the three epidural injections before my surger 1 1/2 years ago. Instead of helping my pain got even worse. My dr. told me to cancel the rest of the injections and I never went back.
    I've heard that it's hit or miss with the injections. Some people it helps, some it doesn't and in some cases like me, it makes it worse.
  • michiganjewel said:
    I had the first of the three epidural injections before my surger 1 1/2 years ago. Instead of helping my pain got even worse. My dr. told me to cancel the rest of the injections and I never went back.
    I've heard that it's hit or miss with the injections. Some people it helps, some it doesn't and in some cases like me, it makes it worse.
    The first shot I ever had MichiganJewel worked for like 3 days, the next one...oh god!!!! Pain central. Like you, my doctor has never sent me for them again!! Bummer too, cuz I thought this would be the "cats meow", but nope! Just the opposite actually!

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • advertisement