Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Drainage From Incision

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,321
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I am having minor drainage from my ACDF incision. The surgery was Thursday..how much drainage do I really need before I have to call the doctor?
advertisement

Comments

• Honestly, my first instinct would be to call the Dr. now. After my acdf, I had a drainage tube that had to be removed before I was allowed to leave the hospital. It could only be removed if there was no more drainage happening. That is what I base my first instinct on, besides I figure it's certainly not going to harm you in any way to call the Dr. and make sure things are as they should be.
  • After my ACDF I had absolutely no drainage at home...
  • advertisement
  • I never had any drainage, so call your doc. You don't want to risk infection.
  • It was just a little bit of drainage this morning. It has not done it since..if it persists I will give him a call.
  • I also never had any drainage after surgery or after returning home. I guess I would call and let your doctor know.
  • advertisement
  • on the call the doctor now list. I didn't have any drainage despite the fact that I was out of the hospital in less than 24 hours.

TitanNeck
advertisement