Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

How do you create a signature for your posts?

How can I create a signature for my posts? I can't seem to find the link for it.
Thanks!
advertisement
13

Comments

  • jmoed said:
    How can I create a signature for my posts? I can't seem to find the link for it.
    Thanks!
    All you have to do is click on "My Account", once in there, click on edit. You will see where it asks again for your password, type it in there. Then scroll down a little bit and you will see a box - that is where you put your signature. After that, scroll all the way down and click submit. Enjoy!!!

    Welcome to the site!! :-)

    Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Instead of putting your life history in your signature.
    While in My Account. Edit the Medical History. I that put everything you want since birth. When you have changes just edit that. Then click Submit.

    Now under Signature put something short and to the point and add - See my Medical History for more information.

    Graham
  • advertisement
  • Z06 said:
    Instead of putting your life history in your signature.
    While in My Account. Edit the Medical History. I that put everything you want since birth. When you have changes just edit that. Then click Submit.

    Now under Signature put something short and to the point and add - See my Medical History for more information.

    Graham
    Hi Ya Graham!!

    I pretty much did what you state here. My signature is like 6 lines (2 blanks), but the rest is in my "medical history" as your suggesting. Some folks don't do that and their signatures are 3x's longer than their posts!

    Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Exactly Brenda! You get it.

    There is nothing wrong with putting in detailed history if you want to share. I personally don't. But like you said. Their post is 5 lines and their signature is like 50 lines. I see every doctors appointent, medical filing, medication they take etc... Just to get to the next post.
    Aviatrix36440 said:
    [
    Hi Ya Graham!!

    I pretty much did what you state here. My signature is like 6 lines (2 blanks), but the rest is in my "medical history" as your suggesting. Some folks don't do that and their signatures are 3x's longer than their posts!

    Brenda
  • Z06 said:
    Exactly Brenda! You get it.

    There is nothing wrong with putting in detailed history if you want to share. I personally don't. But like you said. Their post is 5 lines and their signature is like 50 lines. I see every doctors appointent, medical filing, medication they take etc... Just to get to the next post.
    Hehehehe, true! I miss added mine 6.5 lines! But yeah, in all seriousness, yes that is seen on some. It almost gets to me as bad as when someone forwards and e-mail and leaves the "full history" of recipients in the body of the message!!! Bites on a "crackberry"...makes my scroll wheel wear out! Take care Graham. :-)

    Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • advertisement
  • Thanks everyone.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,348
    IF you have a signature line, then add medical history you are ok, but if you then go in and update your medical history, the entire signature line will be erased.
    Spine-Health development is working on a formal update for profiles. The one that is in place right now, is something I quickly put together when we first migrated to drupal
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,348
    IF you have a signature line, then add medical history you are ok, but if you then go in and update your medical history, the entire signature line will be erased.
    Spine-Health development is working on a formal update for profiles. The one that is in place right now, is something I quickly put together when we first migrated to drupal
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Yes I found this out the hard way. The good thing. I only want my sig to be 1-2 lines. Short description and point to Medical History.

    So I copied my sig, edited medical history, saved it, then pasted sig back in, saved again.

    It's a small work around and not that painful.

    Enjoy your vacation this will still be here when you get back. And I'll have the new For Sale section up and running for you.... LOL
  • I thought I read a post that said we had to keep it to 6 lines, or under? I agree with you Graham - long ones are so heavy to read when the post is like, 3 lines long! I just want to get to the next post and the long signature gets in the way.
advertisement
Sign In or Register to comment.