Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

will a cervical fusion help?

miss grumpymmiss grumpy Posts: 106
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
hi i have a herniated disc it c6, and just found out from the pain managment team, that the other cervical discs are bulging. i dont see my surgeon untill dec last time i saw him about 8 months ago he was going to perform a disectomy and fusion is this still going to be of benefit now the other discs are bulging? any advise would be most helpful. :)))
advertisement

Comments

• I don't know what your NS will advise. It is possible that he will add a level or levels if they look bad.

What treatments have you been having for the last 8 months?

Do you have some osteophytes or stenosis?
  • miss grumpy said:
    hi i have a herniated disc it c6, and just found out from the pain managment team, that the other cervical discs are bulging. i dont see my surgeon untill dec last time i saw him about 8 months ago he was going to perform a disectomy and fusion is this still going to be of benefit now the other discs are bulging? any advise would be most helpful. :)))
    Since you haven't seen your surgeon for 8 months, he will probably do diagnostic testing again (Nerve Conduction, MRI etc.) to see where you are at. As for surgery, that will really be up to you once you have all in updated medical information. Did the management team do an updated MRI? That would be great as you can take the films and report to your surgeon.

As for surgery on bulging disks. It all depends what it is bulging on! I have a large bulge at my C2/3 and though the report states it is pushing into the nerve root, all I have is headaches once in a while. The bone spurs are more of my concern as they are in the same area, and probably will be an issue in the future. Everyone is different, thus what I have another person could be in agony. It is all going to depend on how your disk issues are affecting you. Let us know what your surgeon says. Take care and Welcome to the site!!!

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • advertisement