Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Anyone had Prodisc - L yet - stories please

advertisement

Comments

• sandisandi Posts: 6,269
    edited 12/26/2013 - 6:56 AM
    I'm so sorry that your outcome is what it is. Sadly, too many who had Pro Disc implanted at the same level have had similar outcomes just a short time after they had surgery, most of them less than 5 years post implant.
    I wish that I had some suggestions for you, other ideas because I remember how much you hoped for a better outcome.
    I was here then too.
  • I am seeing the consultant soon .so until I have had the new MRI and some blood work done I have not more information
    happy new year
    tony{UK}
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • advertisement
  • I had two artificial disc inserted in my lower back 6 years ago in California. My minnesota workers comp covered 100 % of the surgery. The first 48 hours after surgery were difficult getting off IV pain meds . After that my only discomfort was the incision pain which was gone in a few weeks. Back to work as a carpenter in 6 months .Played golf in 9 months. Since then I have not even taken 1 ibuprofen for my back. 6 years totally pain free, Best thing I ever did. Only can hope that others can share in my good fortune with their backs
  • Can I ask if anyone is still getting pain and if you are what caused it and how was it treated?

After nine years of having two ADR in my back I'm still in so much pain. I can't stand it anymore I'm on Fentanyl, Tramadol and amitripaline for pain two of these are opiates and its still not helping. 

My surgery was done on levels L3/L4 & L4/L5 I am in agony everyday. 

Can these ADRs be removed and if so what are the chances of being able to walk and being out of pain?

Also do these ADRs have a life span?

Thank you to anyone that can help me 
    Kind regards
    Kerry

Degenerative disc.
    Prodiscs put in 2010 L3& L4
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello Kerry....
    This discussion has not been added to for years.

May I suggest that you start your own?
     It will be more easily seen by members who can then more easily respond.
    Thank you....
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.