Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Waiting...

Comments

• I wonder if I actually hanged myself would it stretch my neck enough to resolve my issues. #o

I certainly agree with your NS, and for another reason as well. We care about it more. They glance at the radiology report or race through the images, and we sit at our computers and study each image as though it was the Sacred Heart of the Saviour. I get mine on a disc which has a small review software program on it, allowing me to change the sizes, contrast, compare the images side by side from different sets or from different years, even. This particular MRI must have been done by what we used to call a nurse's aide, or maybe the night watchman at the hospital, it is so dark. I actually copied a slice into a photoshop program to see if I could enhance it without ruining the resolution. No, I couldn't.

As for patience, I have way more than I used to. Working in retail has that effect; I'm MUCH nicer to the people working at Walmart than I used to be. In fact, I've got a retail patience story that will make you laugh.

As I've said, I work as a kitchen designer in a big box retail environment and have been in the same store for nearly nine years. (The industry standard for big box kitchen designers is nine MONTHS.) It was my very first Saturday in the store, having done the requisite training elsewhere, and we were having a big appliance clearance. We are the backup for the appliance department, and there was a big crowd. 2 gentlemen came to my desk wanting to buy two identical upright freezers on the clearance aisle. So I walked up and got the item number and the price, came back to my desk and started to enter the information. When it came time to save the sale so the customer could go up front to pay for it, I asked him for his phone number. You would have thought I'd asked to see his private parts, and argued about why I needed that. No way to save the sale otherwise, and he didn't want to carry it with him, he wanted to pick it up later. Then I asked for his name and got the same song and dance. I was already stressing - big first Saturday, complicated discounted sale, irritable customer... and then he turns to the customer next to him who is waiting for me to sell him the other freezer and he says "That's what's wrong with places like this. They get more and more computers so they can hire stupider and stupider people." Oh yes, he did.

Well, I'd only been with the company for three weeks, so I didn't say the words which sprang to my mind immediately. Today, I would: "Why don't we see if that refrigerator will fit up your A** so you can carry it out of here with you."

Sorry, mods, I know this is off-topic and I won't let it happen again.

Pain is a standard for me as well, though until the pothole incident it was headaches rather than neck and arms.