Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

e cigarettes anyone?

advertisement

Comments

• I tried chantix and I had a horrible reaction to it. Big boils on my skin. I quit once before and did it cold turkey, stopped for 3 years till my husband died unexpectantly in a car accident and I started back up. It's been three years now and time to quit again. I'm gonna try the patches first and use them to step down. It worked for many people I know. If it doesn't work, I'm going for the ecigs . Wish me luck!
  • Dina! I am also going to try the patch...going to buy some tonight. My hubby quit 2 days ago, so it is now my turn to follow suit. All the best to everyone. I am awaiting a fusion, so need to quit now.
    >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • advertisement
  • I spoke with our sales rep for the e cigs and he said they are getting ready to launch rechargeable ones as well as ones that taper down in nicotine. So once you have the basic cigarette and recharger, all you have to do is buy the refill.

• I just ordered the ecigs on line myself.I am in hopes of quitting reg cigs too.I don't want to smoke in places I can't anyway w/ reg cigs, I have to quit! c My last surgery was a hernia repair for 2nd time.They said my blood pressure shot up and once they got that down, my breathing was awful.I was told when I awoke that if I didn't start breathing better within a few minutes I would be put on a respirator to breath for me.I was scared of that and it made me think real hard. My insurance won't pay for Chantix again.I tried once, quit for a year and bam, like most, stress started me back smoking.That's what I have to learn to control.(stress)Sorry so long a post.I am gonna try and make the e cigs work for quitting!good luck to all*

P.S. I ordered the trial,they called 2day and should be here in a few days
  • are great, ive had mine for about 3 yrs, the initial outlay is dear, but after that the replacements parts are not too expensive.

the thing with the ecig is it closely mimicks real smoking, so it really helps with the psychology aspect, you feel like your smoking

now you can start off with the nicotine and work down to nil nicotine

i have a USB battery charger and have one on charge and one in my ecig

i am doing this to try help my lungs

check out the various online sites as prices vary

dina, i do wish you luck with it, if the patches dont help, do try the ecig

mia, that must have been scary, re, nearly on the ventalator

how many cigs do you smoke per day?
    good luck with the ecig
    flower

• advertisement
  • it's funny how people ASSUME that ECIGS are NOT NICOTINE FREE. They are if you CHOOSE 0mg of Nicotine! I chose 0 nic because I'd already gotten it out of my system because of my surgery and the first 5 days of being in LaLa land. I didnt have the gumption to get up and go outside and light one up. They work to quit smoking real cigs that have carcinogens and 1000's of other chemicals. If anyone reading this would like to know more about electronic cigarettes/personal vaporizers . Just google this: Electronic cigarette formum, the biggest forum will come up in your search...people are on that site from all over the world. Huge community of peeps going with the Personal Vaporizers...as they like to call them because of the negative connotation of using cigarette.

I don't think I will ever ever pick up a cigarette again. And I can't believe I spent over 40k on my habit over 30 years.
    ">image
  • I just got my e-cigs a couple weeks ago. While I have not quit yet, I have cut back by over half. I got 2 batteries, the charger, 10 of the tips, and 50ml of the fluid to refill with for $68 (including shipping). I am one of those people that love smoking, this is the one way I can see myself quitting.
  • The E-cig I bought almost a year ago has a recharging adapter. Kind of cute too, in charge mode, it looks like a lit cigarette!

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Good on ya! Are ya going to try to wean yourself off the nicotine? Or continue to vape with nic? You'll get off the analogs soon enough. good luck
  • and turns out it isn't free! LOL I am a fool...150. big ones they wanted from me!I know, the initial layout but i cant do that right now.I sadly packaged everything back up to send back to the company....clove cigars are wicked!LOL not gonna smoke anything, i have to breath and i can't.rambling,sorry good luck to all....
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.