Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

e cigarettes anyone?

advertisement

Comments

• Never try E-cigarette. But, if this one will help me quit m smoking, I will glad to own one.
    "When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom!? No! It’s when… they are forgotten."
  • WDPERRYWWDPERRY Posts: 8
    edited 08/27/2014 - 1:18 AM
    Feb 11th of this year I decided to quit smoking after 50 years of smoking. I bought the E-Cigarettes and stopped that day. I use the vapor e cigs about 3 times a day, however I rarely even think about smoking at all. I use the min dosage e cig and feel great. I just made up my mind to quit and thats it...It's been 7 months now, so if you REALY decide to quit, go this route..Good luck to all.
    William David Perry
  • advertisement
  • I use the battery device with a tank and then you can choose your "e-juice" and the level of nicotine in it. I stopped smoking reg cigs over two months ago and am just a few days shy of the three week mark of cutting the nicotine in my e-juice to 0. For me, this has been very very helpful. I hope to stop using it all together a couple of weeks prior to surgery so that way my lungs will have a total break from inhaling anything from it. We will see how it goes. This has been a challenge as I'm trying to lose weight as well, add in the pain and I've been slightly cranky but I'm getting there. Y'all can too!
  • Hello Wildflower, I am new at posting here so plz. exc. mistakes, but I wanted to let you know I have done very good research on e-cigs. The good new's is HEY WILDFLOWER I DID IT! YOU CAN TOO! the ones you buy in a lot of stores on the shelf that has the paper cartridges in them are no good for you. You need to go to a smoke shop and buy an electronic one, but the key is .... you have to go nicotine free. I buy my gel ,,, I love my many flavors I get to choose from, hummmmmmmmmmmmmm let's see... right now ... I have vanilla cupcake in mine and I love it. My dr. told me I needed to stop smoking 2 yrs. ago and just 6 mos. ago I had a heart cath. and he told me I looked great since I quit smoking. as long as I used nicotene free egel he considered me a non smoker, but... if I ever used any egel w/ nicotine then I would be a smoker. I have been nicotene free for 2 yrs. I was spending 50.00 a week on a carton. Now once I got my battery and charger, I spend 50.00 a month on supplies including my e-gel flavors, saving health and money. And you know people always grumble about stuff when it's new,,, but to not be using the poison that is in the cig.'s I am better off I know, I know how I feel... Well good luck to you I wish you well. Gloria
  • I have been vaping for a couple years now I actually got really into it. I own mods different tanks I mix my own juice I also got into sub vaping. The key is pick on or the other I have buddies that do both and they brag that there packs of smokes last longer or they have cut down a lot on smoking but to me that's not good either smoke or completely quit and replace it with vapping ,patches or nic gum but don't do both. Also with all the different ecigs,mods , tanks ,coils and the millions of different flavors you have to choose from making that switch over is a walk in the park . Depending on how much you smoke lets say you smoke a pack a day you can get the 24mg juice and what's good about vapping is you can reduce your mg's down you can't do that with cigarettes are chewing tobacco. Work your way down from 24 to 18 and just step it down to were your vapping the 0mg juice.
  • advertisement
  • PlumbTuckeredOutPlumbTuckeredOut Philadelphia, PAPosts: 325
    My quit date is October 20, 2014. I didn't know this forum existed back then or I'm sure I would have been here asking for the support.
    My cardiologist and PM doc had been bugging me to stop smoking but not in a way that annoyed the crap out of me. I don't know what it was but I decided I was quitting because they both suggested that I stop on a day when I had both of their appointments. Friends were using e-cigs but I didn't want to. I wanted to quit smoking just because both docs had made similar statements about me being too stubborn to be enslaved by the tobacco companies.
    What I can say is I feel like I have control over one more thing in my life. I don't know if quitting helped the pain but it gave the docs one less reason to say why my pain stuck around. And quitting smoking has helped encourage me to become healthy in other ways too.
    I think if I did use an e-cig I'd be too close to relapsing. I try to be mindful to not even chew on pencils! When I started smoking and all the other crazy things I was in my 20's and invincible! Now I realize that I need to work really hard to be invincible! I cannot say I regretted smoking- I was a part of the crowd. Most of my "gang" smoked and not most of my "gang" doesn't smoke.
    Now I feel good by taking care of myself and doing things for my own health....... I know if I thought this way when I was in my 20's I would have considered myself to be "an old fart".
    Now they'll try to take away my popcorn habit!
    Sheila

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by...... (Robert Frost)
    I still don't know if I should have taken the one that said, "Caution! Dead End" (Me)
  • My husband and I have both quit with the vaping systems and to be honest it was not hard - and this was after many other attempts at quitting. Plus it's a big hobby for him now to get different flavors, batteries and tanks. Big hugs and support to everyone trying to quit for any reason!
  • Hi All a newbie here. I quit smoking Aug 28 after having double pneumonia and a blood clot in my lung. I've been on e-cigs since then and haven't smokef in almost 2 years. My pulmonary doctor said e-cigs were good as he smoked them. I use a liquid with a battery.
  • LarnersourLLarnersour Los Angeles, CAPosts: 52
    I have used e cigs for a while because I thought they will help me to quit, but not I'm back with the same cigs that i used before! don't know.. maybe it's just me!
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.