Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Permanent Implant

Comments

• No decrease yet in my meds. It's gonna happen. The meds are making me more comfortable post surgery and the SCS has shut off most of my pain in my legs. This surgery has left me very uncomfortable. It's like someone repeatedly hit me with a crow bar around the area where the IPG is implanted. Now the implant area is not bad but my hip and ass are bruised beyond what seems reasonable. It's like someone dropped me or something. I am almost as uncomfortable as I was following my 2 level fusion surgery. It's extremely painful to get up off the the couch or out of the bed. I can not sit in a recliner, got stuck the other night. It's just gonna take some time for my body to heal from the surgery. I definitely wasn't expecting to feel this way after the trial was so relatively easy.

Dave
  • I had forgotten, yeah, I had some nasty bruising looking mess around the pocket too. I suspect it is because of thy have to form it and keep it shallow enough to allow charging. Makes for some pretty intense discomfort for a bit. Same wit the lead site since they have to go in, manipulate things, then tunnel to the ipg.

Honestly I recall very distinctly being fairly uncomfortable till between week 2-3, then it really started to get better.

just hang out and take it as easy as possible. it will get better.
  • advertisement
  • Congratulations <:P I'm glad the surgery went well and hope you recovery completely. Just take it easy and get plenty of rest (like you have a choice LOL) and also keep an eye on that temp.<br />
    I guess you and me both will "enjoying" our restrictions for some time. I had my pump surgery around 3 weeks ago and the ride's been a bit bumpy at times.

Well, keep us posted on your recovery and I hope you get the full benefits of your stim. Take care
  • I think it is common for the IPG to be that painful. I remember mine feeling like someone had beat me up and then stuck a hot poker inside it. I found relief to sit in a recliner because my son would life the handle and I would stand in one swift move. It was week 3 or so before I didn't notice that pain.

One thing I found helpful was to keep a daily log of where I felt the pain and what I did to make it worse. Then I could show the rep or doctor and they were better able to help me. I did make a template for my computer...if you would like a copy you can pm me with an email address and I would be happy to send it to you.
  • Never had much bruising or discomfort other than the burning with the IPG pocket during transition from sitting to standing or lying down to standing.

Interesting.
  • advertisement
  • Everyone's journey has to be a little different. That's what makes life so interesting.

Life is pretty interesting for me right now :cool:.

Dave
  • Indeed.

Well best wishes are with you!

"C"
  • What the hell. I'm gonna complain anyway. My back freakin hurts and I haven't done anything wrong to deserve the hurt. I'm following all the stupid instructions. I really looked way past this procedure big time and am now paying the price for my arrogance. I really thought a couple days of down time and then I'm golden.

WOW, I feel so much better now. NOT!!!!!

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Dave
  • Returned to work this morning. I figure I can stay at home and feel like crap or earn some money while I feel like crap.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Dave
  • I know what you mean...I did everything right. I now have a connector that buldges out and makes my skin look deformed. Also had trouble charging this weekend...and I think the IPG has shifted...I shouldn't sleep on my side but I can't help it I go to sleep on my back and wake up on my side in the morning. You can do everything right and still have complications. I am hurting a lot in my back lately...more so than usual and I just want to scream. I think it is weather related or something...but than again I have had more than my share of stress.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.