Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Permanent Implant



  • I know this is a reply from an earlier post in your topic but I just wanted to share what I carry my stim in. I bought a cell phone case that you wear on your belt/pants. It is one of those larger cell phone cases but it works well for me. :)

    Hope you had a good day,
  • I hear you. I know the weather really got me late last week but I was also scared to death about something malfunctioning or becoming dislodged with the pump. I've been even more careful now, knowing what can go wrong. We may have to live in a bubble for a while. :S
  • advertisement
  • How did your work day go? I am amazed that you went back so quickly. Has your incision pain gotten any better?

    I have been delaying going back to the office full time because of my commute which involves a train and bus. Of course tomorrow I am to return full time, and what happens but I come down with a cold. With H1N1 going around people give you a dirty look if you come in sick, and my office highly encouraged sick people to stay home so I probably won't make it in.
  • Work went well today. In fact, I ended up working an extra hour because I lost track of time. I only nodded out once this morning for about 5 minutes and the rest of the day was productive. I sit at a desk all day and program. It's not exactly a physically taxing job.

    The hardest part of my day was driving home. Thirty minutes in heavy traffic really wears me out normally and today's traffic was no different.

    Lila, thanks for the tip.

  • I'm amazed you're at work so soon. Well, I don't know the restrictions that come with the stim, but if it's an office job then I guess it'd okay since it is sedentary work.

  • advertisement
  • It's been a couple weeks since I posted an update. It's safe to say that my permanent implant journey has not been a smooth one. For whatever reason, the surgery was much harder on me than I was expecting. It was worse than my hardware removal / revision surgery I had last year. I still have a lot inflammation at the surgical site which has basically lit up my nerves like a Christmas Tree. If not for the stimulator and the drugs, I would probably would have gone bonkers by now.

    My first post surgical programming session went badly. I was sick with the flu at the time and faced with a 2 hour commute back home, so I put very little effort into it. I did heed the advice from others and made sure that the original program remained in tact with an additional option added.

    All in all, I am getting some relief. Not as much as I hoped for. Once the inflammation calms down I think the relief will be better. Patience is a virtue and is a virtue I don't have a lot of.

    Merry Christmas to all.

  • Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear that it has been anything but a nicely paved road that you are traveling on. I think you are correct, that once the swelling goes down things will improve for you. I know when I am sick or exhausted, the way the stimulation feels, is significantly different and a lot harder to ignore. How long do you have to wait until your next opportunity to meet with the rep? How is charging going for you?

    Merry Christmas to you as well,

  • Basically, I'm in control as to when I can meet the rep. I just need to make an appointment. I've been so busy at work with an upcoming briefing, that I haven't had time to think about myself. I finally found a program I can use at night, so things are much better the past couple of mornings.

    I've only recharged twice. The first time was a piece of cake, 4 bars for you cell users. The second time was a little more difficult. It took me a while (about an hour) to find the sweet spot for 4 bars.

  • That's great that you can "control" when you meet up with your rep. Same here, but I wasn't sure since everyone seems to have different insurance concerns.

    The good thing is, once the swelling goes down, you should find it easy to get maximum signal integrity for charging. I can nail it every time now and it sure makes charging go significantly faster for me. I leave my SCS running while I charge and of course it ups the time required.

    When you charge, are you charging through any type of clothing? I found that charging through 100% polyester running shorts or wind pants, works best. Any cotton and I lose signal strength and have heating issues. Plus the polyester seems to allow micro-movement without friction or grabbing the IPG, so heat and irritation aren't a problem.

    You will find what works best for you as time goes along. It took me numerous experiments to find out what combination works best for me.

    Glad you were able to figure out a program that works better for you at night. Don't let work consume you completely. Glad you are able to work!

This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Register to comment.