Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

PT says definite nerve compression

ScottiegalSScottiegal Posts: 106
I saw my PT for the first time today since I felt something go in my back. She says that based on the leg weakness, the numbness and the pain down the leg, she thinks that there is definitely some nerve compression. Of course without a new MRI we don't know exactly what has gone on in there.

I have my appointment with the surgeon this afternoon (last appointment of the day!!) and I'm starting to freak out a little. I know that I have done all my research about fusion in case that is what he recommends, but my tummy is turning somersaults!


  • Hi Scottiegal,

    I know how you're feeling...I meet with my neurosurgeon at the end of the month to see what he has to say. Sounds like we've both been through the micro-d experience and re-herniated...I'm sorry though that your surgery was just this year!

    Did your surgeon talk to you previously about the possiblity of fusion? It seems the standard protocol from what I've found is that they usually will repeat a micro-d before moving onto the fusion step (unless there is noted instability). This is pretty much what my surgeon said to me two years ago as well.

    I've got my fingers crossed for you at your appointment today! Maybe he'll prescribe you a Medrol dose-pack to give you a little relief? I just started another one and I almost feel normal right now. Hopefully, he'll get you in for an MRI very soon too to help ease your mind...

    Good luck!
  • Well the surgeon was very non-commital. He wouldn't say anything until he sees the results of a new MRI. I'll get the date for that hopefully tomorrow and it will hopefully not be too far off. So we're back to waiting again
  • advertisement
  • I'm sorry Scottiegal, that's SO frustrating! Did he offer you any meds to at least help you deal with the pain in the meantime?

    Keep us posted on your progress!

Sign In or Register to comment.