Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

    Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Posterior Surgery

2

Comments

  • Went for my second opinion. I was so certain after the first doctor that she would say to do surgery..and guess what. She said that since I am not crippled by the pain I am not a surgery candidate. She sees the problem but doesn't think I am in enough pain to do surgery.

    I am so frustrated. I asked what I am supposed to do and she said I go back to the neurologist. Well two months with the neurologist and I got no where except more pain.

    She did order new MRI, CT and xrays. So maybe that is a good sign. I tried to explain to her that the no-fault will cut me off soon if I don't have surgery. I understand that there are pluses and minuses to this. If I wait I am avoiding the risks of surgery but it means living with the pain and continuing PT and injections. I am also risking future disability that won't be covered by the no-fault insurance. If I have it I risk complications of surgery but hopefully come away without pain and meds. I also have the coverage of the no-fault insurance which preserves my private health insurance.

    Wednesday I go for the tests. Then I have to make a decision. If they show changes for the worse then I will have the surgery. If they stay the same I will probably wait and take my chances.
Sign In or Register to comment.