I am hoping that you guys who are considering or have had surgery will have the best answer to this question. When does the threat of nerve damage becoming permanent push you over the edge to surgery?
I have two surgeons who recognize my problem and say they can fix it. One wants to do the surgery now. The second says I am not in enough pain yet to do it.
I can understand both points of view and the risks involved in any surgery. But if I decide to wait how do I know when is the right time - specifically before permanent damage sets in?