Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

still leg pain right after micro d

Comments

• Obviously this is really bothering you and the doc telling you to wait is not cutting it.

Tell the doctor that you are very concerned and ask him

1) Another MRI to verify that the nerve compression has been removed and no re-herniation.

2) If he says no than I would just get another opinion from a new doctor and ask him for an MRI.

The first part of the equation is to verify that the surgery did what it was suppose to do on the mechanical side which is freeing up the nerve. If it did than it is pretty much as the doc said a waiting game to see when the nerve will start to heal.

I am not sure how the doc prepared you for the post surgery but the stories of getting up and walking off the table an hour after the surgery I have found in many posts not to be the case no matter how small the procedure. I hope he gave you a realistic idea of how post op will probably taking a couple months before you really see the benefits.

BTW, were you suffering from one or multiple herniation? Are you taking meds? I am not sure but maybe an ESI at this time may quicken the process. You can discuss that with your doc.

-js