Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Tomorrow is it...Got the name of the procedure today.. advice or comments please not really ready.

Comments

• I've been checking each day to see how you came through. It's also good to hear that you had researched this quite a bit before you had the surgery. I think all of us are jaded enough that we caution everyone severely before they jump into surgery. Take the meds if you need them, but don't over do. I still occasionally need a pain pill after sitting in this dang office chair for nine hours a day. I hope to retire soon and put an end to the pain. I got the flu and was out for four days and couldn't believe how much better my back felt, even with the aches of the flu!

I hope you're feeling great soon.

Linda
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • The Doctor still called it? L4-L5 Aspen cage placement with fusion I do believe. Still somewhat confused and so was the staff. But basically it is the spinous process where he implanted this cage and filled it with BMP and the idea was to lift the disc up off the nerves. It has only recently I don't know how long been approved in the US. My doc has done a few and of the ones he has done most have returned to a functional state in a week or two. As of right now I am scheduled to go back to work next week. Still having pain and some swelling and that is my fault feeling good and doing to much....not good. Being a nurse I should know better...
    But no matter what they say about min.invasive surgery..it is still hard to go thru....have a great day..
    Blizzard warnings here in Michigan. Guess no walking for today..lol
    2007 ACDF C6 - C7
    2010 Aspen Cage L4,L5 for Grade 2 Spondo and spinal stenosis
    2011 Non-Union C6-C7, Revision Posterior fusion with hardware.
    2012 Failed fusion of L4, L5. Revision L4, L5 Fusion with hardware.
  • advertisement