Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

2nd surgery in the morning

mommatialuvmmommatialuv Posts: 269
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well my bone supr removal/exploratory surgery is in the morning. I have to be there at 0500 for surgery at 0700. My doc said I will be home by dinner if all goes according to plan. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I find myself wondering if I will be in the same boat, nerve/s damaged after being "freed" from compression. It seems crazy but I am more nervous about this then I was the fusion. I was so confident that everything was going to get better after the fusion, my confidence has definately been shaken. So keep your fingers crossed and your hands folded, maybe this will be the fixer-upper I need :)
May God bless and keep you,
Shirley
advertisement

Comments

• You're in my prayers. I hope they can get that bone spur out of there without disturbing your muscles or nerves too much.

Linda

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • Thank You. The doc said if this is the answer, relief should be immediate. I will post as soon as I feel up to it.
  • advertisement
  • Good luck on your surgery tomorrow, Shirley. I so hope that the procedure goes well and you find the relief you've been looking for. We'll all be here waiting for your first post-op post where congratulations will be in order.

Cath
  • Ditto! Sending tons of good wishes your way. I am so glad that your surgeon is willing to do this surgery, and I hope his theories are correct and that you will come to and be pain free. Wouldn't that be amazing beyond words??? I don't even dare to think in those terms any more!!

Just don't go out dancing tomorrow night to celebrate! @) It is still surgery, even if the doctor thinks it is an "easy" one. Not like they're the ones going through it or anything....

Blessings,
    Gwennie

• I just want to add on like the others already, tons of positive voodoo coming your way from Arkansas.

Peace be upon ya,
    Aaron
  • advertisement
  • Thanks, Cath.
    Dancing sounds great, and if this surgery will somehow teach me how to, that would be amazing :) But at best it is in the distant future, even if I dont do it well,(which I dont, always have had 2 left feet)I'll have a good time :)
    As for tomorrow, I just want to make it home, and maybe walk unassisted.
  • mommatialuv said:
    It seems crazy but I am more nervous about this then I was the fusion. I was so confident that everything was going to get better after the fusion, my confidence has definately been shaken. So keep your fingers crossed and your hands folded, maybe this will be the fixer-upper I need :)
    May God bless and keep you,
    Shirley
    Shirley,

Crazy? Nope - Normal! :-) I will be thinking of you tomorrow, and my best prayers for "your fixer upper" woman!!! *HUG*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Thanks Aaron and Brenda :)
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    ...and good thoughts and healing thoughts headed your way. Let us know how you do.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • positive vibes and prayers your way.
    I totally understand what you mean by 'shaken confidence" but know you have a big crew here pulling for you.
advertisement