Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

More pain....

Comments

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,362
    I'm so aggravated this morning. I couldn't sleep and hurt most of the night. I finally got to sleep early this morning and...the phone rung at 5:30! As soon as I reached for the phone the pain was there! I don't know how you can be sound asleep and then *wham* there it is! I told my husband that of all times for his work to call him they could've picked a better time! I've tried and tried to think of what I could've done to bring this on so suddenly. I can't figure it out. I don't know how long I can stand it if it doesn't let up. I can stand a lot of pain but this brings tears to my eyes and no position change or meds make a difference. Sorry all for the whine. I'll get over it I'm sure.

Take care and I hope you all have a great day today.
    Debbie
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 1,033
    From what I have read from your posts you are long overdue to get into a neurosurgeon. I had similar issues as you and had not realized the source of my problems was due to my discs collapsing in my neck and the nerves being pinched. When I could no longer sleep at night I knew I had to seek relief for the pain and discomfort. I found out that I was putting myself at risk for the possibility of paralysis and/or incontinence if I were to delay surgery. I am more than 2 years post-op of a corpectomy, discectomy, multi-level cervical fusion of C3 thru C6. I do have permanent nerve damage
    that affects my left arm and hand but overall I am doing well. The surgery was indeed a success. Unfortunately due to severe OA my spine has continued to collapse and I will require future spinal fusions. The advice I would emphasize most would be aggressive to educate yourself and get the answers and relief to your pain and discomfort.
    Ranger
  • advertisement
  • Yay! FINALLY you have a doctor that's actually going to help you. I bet your son gave you a high-five when you told him, huh? LOL

Now I'm anxious to see how your journey goes. I'm sorry about the pain this morning. I've found it very interesting - once you make a doc appt. or surgery appt., everything starts getting worse. It's like your body blocks out as much as it can because there's no solution in site and once there is, it's relaxing and letting the pain through. I'm sure this sounds strange, but I think it happens.

Anyway, good luck, Debbie and of course, keep us posted.

Cathie
  • Sometimes if I have happen to have slept well, I don't wake up and take any pain meds in the wee hours so when I do wake up at 7 am I am in bad pain.

I once said I don't know what is worse sleeping all night in the wrong position and waking up sore or not sleeping and waking up tired & sore? You can't win for loosing- can you?

Hugs,

Julie
advertisement