Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

TLIF (Minimally Invasive)

Comments

• Thanks so much :)My surgeon has performs thousands of TLIF's as well. he feels very comfortable doing them. He has even performed them on younger patients. I believe the youngest was an 18 year old gymnast. If everything goes well, i should be able to go home a day or two post surgery.
  • Hi Kara,

You are pretty young - but sometimes life just happens.

as far as getting prepared for surgery and recovery - here are a few things...

Have you checked out the Pre-Op Must Haves list? I know it's a massive list - but just reviewing it can give you something to focus on and give you an idea of what your recovery will requite of you.

As for recovery - just be smart about it. In the first year or so allowe yourself to take it easy. Don't do anything that will set you back. The last thing you want is to extend your recovery time. Don't bend, lift or twist! Allow that fusion to do it's job.

My dad has had 3 back surgeries and now, about 10 years out from the last one, has been back to farming and horse-riding and competition driving (horse and cart) for years. He is fit and strong and you'd never know he was closing in on 70. You can do it, just be smart about it and allow yourself the time you need to heal.
  • advertisement
  • Thanks so much :) im starting to feel a little better about having this surgery done. Now its just waiting for Workers Comp to approve it