Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

removed

jasoncamaro69jjasoncamaro69 Posts: 84
edited 04/11/2013 - 5:30 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
advertisement

Comments

• I hope all goes well for you and that the recovery is uncomplicated and that the pain is managed well. Take care and we'll see you soon.
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
    I just got home from having almost the same surgery a couple of days ago. Do the bowel prep a little early. If it's not clear, you need to do it again. And you don't want to crap on your surgeon! (maybe that's what happened to me) And he roughed me up a little for it! XLIF L-2
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • advertisement
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,362
    Hi Jason. I hope that your surgery goes well and that your recovery is fast and easy.

Good luck,
    Debbie
  • Will be thinking good thoughts for you on you surgical day! Lynette
    Lynette
  • jasoncamaro69jjasoncamaro69 Posts: 84
    edited 03/09/2013 - 8:59 AM
  • advertisement
  • Good to hear that. Long surgery.

First few days will really be a bear. Chill out, take your drugs, drink water, eat what you can. Watch out for nausea. Have your wife help you get up. Don't try to do it by yourself. That was the worst part for me. That and being uncomfortable laying down in any position.

Graham
  • Jason-now you are on the other side!Yes the first few days are a bear-you got to go home really soon!Be sure to keep up with the meds-don't go too long,or it is rough until they kick in--we are proud of you,proud for you,and here for you!Jeannie

• Does sound like you had a long surgery.
    People here have said that it is an idea to set your alarm so your pain meds don't run out in the night while you are asleep.
    Hope that you will be in less pain tomorrow.
    Each day that goes by, you are a day closer to being 'mended'.

Take care, and keep resting and healing.
    Have a smooth journey.
  • jasoncamaro69jjasoncamaro69 Posts: 84
    edited 03/09/2013 - 8:58 AM
  • Jason, I am sorry to hear the pain medication isn't keeping pace with your pain. If possible have your wife call surgeons office and explain. They maybe be able to temporarily increase the dosage until it is under control. My Dr did that for me, for about 7 days, those were a little blurry :) Thank God.

Best Wishes,
    Traci
advertisement