Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

My meltdown pre-surgery - now I have to do a Stress Test!!

advertisement

Comments

• SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Tomorrow is the stress test and I am already stressed. I guess I'm glad that my back surgery is scheduled at a large hospital. The surgeon also operates at a private surgery hospital that I requested as I've been there twice before, but now I'm guessing that being scheduled at a big hospital with cardiology on staff can only be a plus especially if they think something is up. As the night goes on I am more nervous so I'm going to try to get to bed early as I have to be at the facility at 7:30 AM. And I have to tell them that if I'm cleared for surgery I have to know by tomorrow. I guess what adds to the stress is I had to pre pay a portion of the anticipated bill to the surgoen and pay for the back brace. New year, new deductible, so all that stress hasn't helped either :-)

They should be monitoring my heart, bp and pulse now...that will show them what I can handle :-)
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • spineaz- sorry for all the headache with your pre-op, im sure things will be perfectly normal.. Glad you have a dr that is conservative.. The girl up the street from me just had a 4 level lumbar fusion, and she was pregnant and they didnt catch it. I KNOW ITS HORRIBLE!! she had hip pain 3 weeks after surgery and went to her primary dr and he did an ultrasound.. Hello~ its a girl... So i say, a cautious dr is a good one....
    I had my pre-op apt at the hospital today as well. thought all would be ok.. got a call from the dr's office and they said my urine sample came back that i have urinary tract infection.. I had no idea.. so meds for 5 days and will retest monday when i get to the hosptial. I hope the rest of my labs are ok...
    Happy Day~Cora
  • advertisement
  • Hope your stress test goes well tomorrow. Guess they are right about the name cos of all the stress it causes beforehand. Think positive and it will all be over before you know it.