Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

PAIN

j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
When you wake up at 3:00 a.m. crying PLEASE!!! You know you've done something wrong. I must have gotten behind on my meds. It will get better.
Jim :''(
Click my name to see my Medical history
You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,663
    there have been many nights when I just wake up from the pain. I would go to bed feeling normal (as normal as we can be) then couple hours later the pain just wakes me up.

I never can put my finger on exactly why. Sometimes I think its because I did something that day I shouldnt have, was I sleeping the wrong way, etc

Whatever the case, I can relate
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I'm thinking about you today. Hope your pain has settled down a bit...

There are lots of times I just want to cry. I am so sick and tired of hurting. It's not fair that you are going through so much pain. YOU BETTER TAKE IT EASY YOUNG MAN! DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE!!!

• advertisement
  • Jim----can you set an alarm to take your meds?I dont want to see you go through this!!!!!How are you turning over in bed?
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
    Your all onto something. I'm a restless sleeper. And my sweats stick to the sheets making it hard to move. maybe I need to get some silk pajamas. No! I'd get too much crap that I crossed over to the other side. But sleeping nude and an alarm clock might do the trick! =))
    Jim
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • j.,you crack me up!---maybe cotton pajamas or scrubs?
  • advertisement
  • I have been wondering how you have been, then I saw this post. When I wake up with pain and sweats I get up to take meds,change clothes and my bed (not my entire bed! Too much work! I always lay on a pad,towel,a folded sheet,anything comfortable yet easy to remove and replace...well, my husband makes me so he doesn't have extra work! LOL)then walk around before going back to bed. Maybe you can try to put something under you so when you wake up sweating you can replace it so you aren't laying on the wet sheets and put a towel close by to wipe the sweat off! I can't believe how much more sweat we produce when our pain levels rise. Take those meds to keep the pain down and take care of yourself!

Kathy
  • I was always cold until I started taking pain meds and especially after my fusion. I used to wear sweats and get sweaty. Now AI have loong sleeve t-shirts and long cotton pajama bottoms. I have Iowa Hawkeye lounge pants. They seem to work well and sometimes I still need to change my tshirt sometimes. I also like to have a extra pillow. I seem to sweat on my head alot, and so I like a fresh cool pillow as well.
    I think it is the meds. But I have woke up the same way, and these are the things that help me get back to sleep. Also a pillow between my legs when I lay on my side. But more than an hour on my side and I wake up hurting, so I dont know what the answer is to that. It just helps to get off my back to sleep sometimes.
    Good Luck, and I hope you are having a better day. Love, Robin
  • Jim, sorry you are having a rough time, sleeping through the pain can be quite difficult.

For those of you who have the night sweats problem, especially from your head, there is a product out there to help. Its called the "Chillow Pillow", its an insert beneath your pillowcase. Somehow it takes some of the heat off of you so you are more comfortable. Its helped me many times during my hot flashes. You can just google the name and find a link to buy, I think it was about $30.00.
  • a silk sheet??
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
    I ain't telling no one but you guys. But my wife just came home with 2 silk p.j.s So I can move in bed more -slidy-? woo-woo =))
    Take a walk on the wild side! :D
    Jim
advertisement