Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Help?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,322
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Spinal Injections
hello all! So its been about 10 days since my facet joint injection. And ironically my pain is significantly worse then prior to the injection. this was my first injection of the joint.. ive had 3 epidurals and my pm doctor said this would help pain, but now i realize that this is where my pain is radiated from.. i am young only 19 with no diagnosis and in more pain than ever.. so i guess my question is has anyone else dealt with is too? like is there a diagnosis if the facet joint is the source of pain? thank you all
advertisement

Comments

• I think facet joint injections can relieve the pain and it's also used to make a diagnosis if these are causing the pain. They usually do radio frequency ablation afterwards. Keep putting ice to relieve your pain at the injection site and contact your Doctor who did the procedure. I'm not a Doctor so please follow up with your PM Dr. and Welcome to Spine health. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • thanks for getting back.. yeah i realize this now but he made it seem like this will be the end and a miracle lol.. have you had this procedure done before? and my medication schedual is haywire im on norco 10/325 3x a day and i feel liek they wear off too quick.. how do i ask my docotr to either up my medication so it doesnt wear off so quick i am just worried that he will be skeptical about me drug searching :/ ? thanks for your response!
  • advertisement
  • My relief was being able to move better after them and they provided some temporary pain relief. But no I haven't had RFA because the Clinic didn't offer that but other members I think Bigcat had RFA done with some relief but everyone has different reactions to it. Now I find out this new PM Clinic I'm going to tomorrow isn't associated with the hospital so don't think they do ablation. I'm at the point now though I could use some more injections but my last MRI didn't mention my facets this time just DDD.

As for medication increases or change in meds I told my Dr. that the pain meds wear off after so many hours and I'm in so much pain it's unbearable. I'm so glad my Primary GP has known me for years and she believes me.
    Just let the PM Dr. know you're in more pain than before the injections and don't have any relief and see if he can help. I hope your appointment goes well. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN