Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Another surgery is scheduled

Comments

• Susan,
    I am glad you can now live with your self. You will sleep so much better. (Okay, as better as those of us with pain sleep.)

I have been away from the computer today, and it seems, missed all your excitement.

So am I to understand that your surgery is now not until March 13th? Will you work until then?
    Will that build you up anymore FMLA time. Oh, I guess not enough. I think you said August.

I am not sure the ADA will help or not since they will probably say as long as your job will make accomodations for you. I don't think the accomadations go as far as allowing you to actually miss work but it is still worth a call. Also the labor board of Ohio suggestion was great as well as seeing if there is anyway you can work from home. I am hoping they can work with you though and all of this can be avoided. Of course what they do for one employee they have to do for all........

Like others have said, fortunately, you are in a position that they do need you so who knows. At least you have told them so they can get back to you now and you have time to prepare. Whatever happens I wouldn't walk away. Make it their idea. The ball is in thier court now.

Best of luck to you, on this and your up coming surgery.

Frog
  • No matter what happens you know you did the right thing. Somehow it will work out.

• advertisement
  • I havent seen you in here in awhile. How are you doing? I'm sorry you are going through so much. Please let us know.
    take care
    julie
  • i can sympathize what you are going thru. i lost my job , because i had used up all my fmla, sick time, etc. they were nice about it, but i felt i couldn't go on anymore anyway, it was kind of a mutual agreement if you will. if i wasn't working anyway , it allowed me to get started on SSD. it opened doors as far as not even being employed anymore, to just being off work for awhile. my situation is different though, i am married with 3 children, and we did up in bankruptcy, lost our van, struggling to keep our house over heads. it is not easy, but i know what you are feeling, i struggled also. :T t after awhile i kind of threw up my hands, and my job got pushed down the list of many things going on in our lives with pain, and surgeries, etc. there is help out there , trust me how we have made it this far, i DO NOT KNOW. @) you have to put your health first. another thing we have in commen is that i had my acdf last June 09, i thought it was getting better but suddenly my neck pain has gotten bad. it feels like something pinching, sharp pains, headaches. i seen my neurosurgeon tues. and he is scheduling a cat scan of my neck . he wants to make sure there is nothing going on with hardware in my neck. i have plate, and 3 screws, i guess we will see, i sure hope nothing is wrong there again. well susan you take care LEO
  • omg! 6th surgery, i have had two and could not bear the thought of anymore,i'm terrified, i would imagine it's a must.i wish you all the luck
  • advertisement
advertisement