Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

I'm home....here's my story.

Comments

• Hey Karin,'

Here's hoping each day brings you less pain and that you experience many more "upswings."

Yes, you did a great job documenting your experience so far. Grrrrr..... Man, did I feel for you.

Kudos to the Hubby. Tell him I said, "2 Thumbs UP!"

Look forward to hearing more from you as you improve.

Frog
  • Glad you are home and doing better! I am in AZ also and chatted with pammie, we are all not that far from each other. Hang in there, everyday is better than the one before.
  • advertisement
  • I'm glad you are home and had the strength to share your experience.

Sorry there were ups/downs. I tell you, the story about the liquid diet is not uncommon. I had an aid try to tell me I could shower. Had I not known (from last time), I would have said "ok"...but I knew better to make sure it was ok - -and as suspected, I couldn't shower for 5 days. Your abdomin pain sounded like the biggest battle that was an unnecessary setback. I am glad your hubby could be there for you 24 hours.

Let me tell you...sometimes, you want your family to go home but other times, it's so nice to have them there because they are so comforting.

I love your energy and sense of humor...trying to use the cat to roll. I've tried using the dog to log-roll. I didn't have a fusion but still got used to grabbing the hospital bed rail to roll. My husband said he should have installed one. I use his arm at night to roll his way. I use the nightstand to help roll the other way.

It sounds like you mentally were prepared for ups/downs which helps. I'm going to take a peak to see if you posted on your follow up appointment.

Best wishes for continued healing.
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Well of course I've already overdone it a few times. And the sad thing is that at 10 days post-op overdoing it can just mean sitting too long. I was very comfortable sitting at my desk top computer....until I stood up. I have a netbook so I have GOT to force myself to lay back a bit more. Tonight everything hurts...part of that is also using other muscles to do stuff they haven't done before. 15 minutes until I can take more pain meds!
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • Set a timer out so you don't get carried away reading something. I use one all the time as I know the limit i can sit at any point and time and when it goes off i am up and moving around.
  • advertisement
advertisement