Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

FEARS - What are they?

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
    With the benefits of this site, and the tolerance and guidance of our mods we all have a chance at a more tolerable lives

Regards,

Dave
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
    Face everything and revover.

"F' everything and run.

This is pre surgical to having a lumbar herniation with ruptue repaired and c3 with anterior and posterior stenosis stabilised. I have already had 5 surgeries on my neck. More to come ...

Dave
  • advertisement

• Will I die in the OR because something goes terribly wrong?

• As soon as I read your line, I thought, "Ahhh, this I fear!" I do fear death at the hands of anybody working on me and I know that I don't want to be awake during any type of surgery. The last time that I had teeth extracted, was so scary for me. At that time I had a friend to take me but now have no one so I can't get the remainder extracted. The oral surgeon and his nurse couldn't get me awake long enough to dismiss me. It took all day long of me sleeping it off to be able to be released. I slept all the way home and they had requested that I have someone to stay with me for several hours. The man and lady got me inside and left! That was back when I smoked cigarettes and I burned several things. I have lost many teeth and the rest need extracting due to medication that I was given that reacted some way against my teeth.
    I wonder what people do in this situation?

Essie :(

• Hi ron,
    I wonder if you'll not get a paper out of this thread for Psyc 708. Are we looking to see how human nature, or hard wiring deals with unbearable circumstances, unspeakable sufferings? Perhaps we seek viewing the point in agony where people think the other side will be a better option?
    well Ron I had an epidural abscess. One day I was teacing my class and the next, hos[pitalized, in agony and terror cause no doctors could figure out why. Nice? you bet. I even got a glimpse at the other side ron and when I came back asked the nurse if I should get my affairs in order. She thought it wise! so there i was in terror and agony. Is this what you want Ron. Should i tell you how the terror stopped? I simply stopped caring if I lived or died. I said if it brings glory to God let it be as he wishes. I was no longer afraid.
    \I was next facing a 14 tier fusion. Not afraid. I was facing having my spinal cord scrubbed, with paralysis, cognative impairment as possible side effects. shrug, not afraid. Now I'm recovering with so much instrumentation I'll never be allowed to fly. Yea it hurts. So what. It hurts. everyday I do more, get stronger (with no ones support or help) and beat the odds with no fear what so ever. I simply refuse to care what happens because life goes on and I have little control if I end up in the street or live in comfort, I am pleased where I am. Because, I know some thing's gonna get you. No matter who you are or what you is, somethings gonna get you. And it's not often in our hands. E. Hemingway types may beg to differ:} Hope this helps get you a good grade.

• advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,560
    is a paper or anything that formal. When you have been around this site for a while, you will see what different people have to deal with.

I just try to come up with some topics that can make people think about their own situations and how it may apply.

You are all wrong in your concept of you even think of papers and grades regarding this topic. It is one way too serious for everyone.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement