Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

end of rope?

advertisement

Comments

• I hope your appointment goes well on Monday. I always told my Dr. the same thing "I'm still having a lot of pain. I take the medication and feel it's tolerable then 3 hours later I have severe pain like the medication isn't lasting the whole time". At that point my Dr. has slowly increased my meds but I had to return several times to get the med increased 4 fold and then a complete change in meds. Now working for me this prescribed dose. Have you had a CT or MRI since surgery to check on your back? I'm wishing you have some more help on Monday. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • rotty said:
    My doctor is in Augusta Ga. and this is my second group of doctors. The first group only wanted to treat with vicodin and missed the 50% compression at C5-7. So I changed to this group. This new group did find bad problems at C5-7 and did fusion there and it is fine. My main pain is at L5-SI.
    I feel I am in a sticky situation. If I call the surgeon and complain the PM guy may cut me loose as they are in the same group.
    Maybe I should call the PM doctor and request he review my case with the surgeon because I need relief.

Your in Augusta GA? Have you tried the Medical College of xxx in AUGUSTA? My brother went to college there are plenty of docs there, I would ask the college, I know people that have gotten deals there. Worth a try if you want a change, as far as the teachers doing the work, their doctors. Wouldn't trust the students. You can talk to the doctors there, a lot have private practices at the same time. ;)

www.noway.com

Post Edited to remove specific URL Link to a Medical Institute

Ron DiLauro , Spine-Health Administrator 03/09/10
  • advertisement
  • duplicate
  • Well I am both happy and sad after my appointment today. Sad that my PM didn't discuss my case with the surgeon and didn't increase my pain meds as I needed. However I now have a appointment to have a new MRI and a follow up appointment with the neurosurgeon.
  • that is a step hopefully in the right direction. I still don't understand why nobody will put you on one of the long acting meds at least until they can figure out if something else can be done.

The long acting opiates will not harm your organs like the fast acting that you are taking, require only once or twice a day dosing and would probably cover your chief complaint of not getting long enough relief.

I will continue to follow your story and keep my fingers crossed that you get some relief soon.

Good luck and keep us posted.
  • advertisement
  • Wonder why and for what the PM wants blood test prior to the MRI? Could it be he wants to verify I am actually taking the meds he has prescribed. If so that makes me mad.
  • Rotty

Have you have checked the medical college of georgia in AUGUSTA, GA? Atlanta is 110 miles away from Augusta, MCG is the biggest med school in the state. They even have a Spinal surgery team. Link below

can send link ? just PM me

If you cannot find anybody in Augusta there are tons of surgeons in Atlanta, good and bad. Theres the Shepard Spinal Center, its famous, Gwennie might know about it.

link is below Good luck ;)

Post edited to remove URLs to specific medical institutes and/or doctors. This is not permitted on Spine-Health

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health Administrator 03/09/10

advertisement
This discussion has been closed.