Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Anyone familiar with accupressure?

fourgirlzmomffourgirlzmom Posts: 14
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Alternative Treatments
Hey all-

I am wondering if anyone can tell me about their experiences with accupressure. I am considering trying it and want to know what others have experienced. Also...has anyone heard of a "prickle pad"...It is a russian accupressure pad?

Thanks for your input....I am continuing to search for ways to get off the narcotics and muscle re1laxers, and still have a somewhat normal life,lol... Well...I can dream,can't I??? 8} Jeanne
advertisement

Comments

• I haven't heard of the Russian 'prickle pad' but I'm just starting to use my hard lumbar acupressure board and have limited results so far. I used an acupressure pen before and don't think it helped. I'm going for more injections tomorrow so I'll lay off the board for a few days. But will resume afterward. I think a massage unit helps me more but will give the acupressure board a go again after that. I have burning in my back from it but less pain in my leg. I hope acupressure will help but right now I'm on the fence about that.

With acupuncture it feels good at the time but pain resumes afterward but that was an overall good experience. I know Massage Therapists can do acupressure points and may help but I think we'll try anything to get some relief. Perhaps someone else has had better results. Good luck. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I go to to a chiro. office where they also have massage, acupunture and acupressure. I actually have on my to-do list to call and see if they have an openings coming up for the acupressure. So, I may soon know more of what your asking about....
  • advertisement
  • I called my regular chiro's office and scheduled with an associate of his who is a massage therapist, and who also does acupressure and acupunture. I go in on Monday afternoon to meet with her and talk abotu what to expect, and then to do some acupressure - if I decide thats right for me. I'll have to let those interested know how it went.
  • I called my regular chiro's office and scheduled with an associate of his who is a massage therapist, and who also does acupressure and acupunture. I go in on Monday afternoon to meet with her and talk abotu what to expect, and then to do some acupressure - if I decide thats right for me. I'll have to let those interested know how it went.
  • I tried acupuncture with my Physiotherapist and it helped relax me. I've been trying acupressure with a hard board at home for my back and rubbing the web area between the thumb and index finder to help back pain. It can't hurt anyway and eastern medicine are being more accepted as pain control for chronic pain. TC. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • I actually used a couple acupressure points that I found online, and they do help relieve my sciatica. Google Dr. Graeme Teague and go to his back pain advisor website, and the site shows you a couple you can do yourself for free. Normally I don't go for that sort of stuff, but I'm in last resort mode (currently having acupuncture as well), so I thought I'd give it a try. On a side note, I've had 9 acupuncture treatments, and it does seem to moderate the pain, but only temporarily, however it is extremely relaxing. It's way cheaper than an MD visit ($40-$70 per session, some on a sliding scale). Either way you go, make sure the practitioner is licensed. Lots of frauds out there these days.
advertisement