Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Circumferential Fusion

advertisement

Comments

• Thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes..Day 11,,,.The pain is a different one before the op was done and boy it hurts now.

Surgeon said that it would hurt for a while as he had to cut thru major nerves and muscles..He siad its easier that way for disks higher up..I told him he would have never got near me again after the pain with this one...Of all 3 surgiew, this has been the most painful wihtout a word of a lie..

My xrays make me look like the screw and bolt isle in your local hardware store!!!!

Have to sit for 10 minutes and they laydown..My surgeon was hapy with the way things went except they discoverd a partial colapse at the bottom of my right lung which had caused them breathing difficulty througghout the op and I had to be on owxgen for 8 days...This is now someithing my GP has to try and treat with minimal pain.

Hope your doing ok....
    Speak again in a few days..

• Just checking to see if there is any news of how you are doing.
    Hope that you are recovering well and that things are getting easier for you.
    Take care and keep resting. :-)
  • advertisement
  • Thanks for your kind thoughts...Ii is still quite painful and my legs are giving me hell....Overall, Im doing much better...

How are you going???? Well I hope

• Hi Shelly,

I saw my surgeon today and he is happy with my progress. At last my incision is healed and has lost the scab (I had problems with it not healing, then developed an infection.) I do still get some minor twinges, aches, twitches and stabbing pains in my legs, feet and toes, but nothing like before surgery. The surgeon says this is quite normal.
    I had x-rays taken, but won't get the results until my next appointment in 4 weeks time. He will be looking for signs of fusion and checking that the interbody cage and pedicle screws and rods are all in place.
    I have now signed up for physiotherapy and will start in a couple of weeks.

I am definately better before surgery :-)
advertisement