Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Headaaches with back problems??

ladyduranlladyduran Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi i have narrowing of my disc space L5-S1 and am booked for an MRI scan on the 24th March.

A few weeks ago i felt my back twinge and i couldn't stand,walk,sit or lie down without a real ripping feeling across my lower back. This then followed by stabbing pains in my hip area and leg area, mostly left calf area.

I have also been suffering with slight headaches most days, just a little like a niggly hangove headache. I wondered if any one else suffered this with their back troubles?

My back has settled down again now but i am still going to go for my MRI scan as this is the 2nd flare up of bad pain in the last six months.

Hope you all have a good day

Sharon
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Sharon, I haven't really experienced this but it's not to say it can't be related.

It could actualy be stress or even that combined with sinus/allergies.

Does taking an ibuprofin, tyelonol, or even pseudafed help?

I see you have a follow up next week. Sometimes worry/stress does tend to aggravate both my back and my head.

I hope you have a good appointment.
  • DNice said:
    Hi Sharon, I haven't really experienced this but it's not to say it can't be related.

It could actualy be stress or even that combined with sinus/allergies.

Does taking an ibuprofin, tyelonol, or even pseudafed help?

I see you have a follow up next week. Sometimes worry/stress does tend to aggravate both my back and my head.

I hope you have a good appointment.
    I agree with DNice, stress (which could be cased by your backpain) can almost always be attributed to headaches. I get headaches when my pain occasionally increases, and this tells me I need to slow down and take it easy.
  • advertisement
  • i have the same lower back problems as you and i do get the hip pain and head aches and i have been told that this is normal for us?? something to do with spinal fluid pressure so the surgeon told me ..and he also said not to worry unless the head aches make you sick and last for more than the time a normal head ache last also .any dizzy spells and eye problems need checking out
    STRAKER
  • Hi Sharon,

I also am still having headaches. I had surgery march 09 on C5-6 C6-7 and then in July 09 on L5 S1. I will be having surgery on T11-12 T12-L1 L1-2 in June of this year.

I will be going to the doctor tomorrow, 4-15-10 and I am going to ask him about the headaches. I think they would have been gone by now, they were better after the surgery, but have slowly returned.

I will post Friday 4-16 and let you know what he said about the headaches.

Joyce
  • I haven't had headaches caused by my lower back. But I've had headaches from sinus issues. I've had 2 surgeries on my sinuses and if you have a deviated septum or have face pain with your headaches or any discharge see your Dr. Headaches can be caused by many things and it's best to get checked out by your Dr. especially if the headaches don't go away with the usual headache remedy treatment. I had headaches and dizziness which was caused by a middle ear virus and another time by high blood pressure. Low blood sugar can trigger headaches as well as MSG in food products. How are you doing? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.