Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

GET THIS. OPINIONS PLEASE...

advertisement

Comments

• Your post is absolutely insane. Drs. don't care about the individual patients any more depending on what kind of insurance they have. Unfortunately, it's only going to get worse. I guess we will be considered the lucky ones because we were able to get medical intervention. I don't think it will be that easy in the future before our new Health Care goes into effect since the IRS and 16,000 new employees who are not medically qualified will be responsible for our health care.

Good luck to all of us!!!! Marsha
  • I can certainly understand your frustration; if it's not one thing, it's the other. The only thing I can think of is getting a second and possibly third opinion. You'll be surprised when you'll hear a totally different interpretation and this happens all the time. I can't believe what that the doctor won't refill your pain meds, esp in light of the MRI and your symptoms. Even if there is some doubt on the MRI they can still give you meds while your case is being investigated. Ask if they will do a ct/myelogram because it will help clear up inconclusive MRI's. I think this is your best bet and I hope you can convince this doctor to order this test. If he's a brick wall, climb over and go looking for another doctor. What medication are you taking for now and do you have enough to get by? I hope this situation gets straightened out b/c there's no reason for you to be in so much pain.
  • advertisement
  • HI MeyDey..
    Presently I take 30mg's oxycontin 3x's a day..& 10/325 Oxycodone for B/t...but like I said, they have reduced those to only 45 per month.

I dont think it's sufficient and sometimes I run out cuz I have to take more and then I have nothing.

I;m growing very discouraged too. The neuro's office never even called me back yesterday. I'm trying to determine with them the next course of action. He said it would be ESI's........I'll do them, but I know most time's they arent helpful or if they are, its temporary.

Thanks...hope u r well..

Paul