Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Does extreme sciatica ever go away?

Comments

• Just curious how soul searching made you sciatica go away? You are very non specfic in your posts so it makes me wonder....
  • Hi sunbeam,went to docs today and flipped my lid,told her summat shud have been done ages ago,she changed one of my meds,and booked me a mri,i cried wen i came out,i,m not soft but just lost it x
  • advertisement
  • I wondered the same thing. Lol!
  • The thing that bothers me is they say the longer its left untreated the more damage is done,i appre any feedback,as to what people have had done and what works better fa them.thanks pam x
  • cervical spondi,carpel tunnel,copd,f/m,lichen schlerous,high blood pressure,incontinance tena ladies are life savers,sorry bout the spelling i,m having a foggy day x
  • advertisement

• was lumbar fusion! (PLIF)
    I think my sciatica was caused by the severe stenosis I had on my cord and nerve roots, due to a forward slip of my vertebra (spondylolisthesis).

I had a laminectomy, facetectomy, total disc removal and cage inserted with pedicle screws and rods.

That doesn't mean that you can't get relief with far less invasive treatment!! I hope that you can :-)
  • years ago doc said the spond in my neck was very advanced and had i done hard labour haha i said had 4 kids if that counted he just laughed,i dont have much pain in the neck pardon the pun x
  • hi got my date for mri,next tuesday,do you know how long it takes for the results x
  • hi got my date for mri,next tuesday,do you know how long it takes for the results x
advertisement