Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Does extreme sciatica ever go away?

Comments

• About two years I started to have pain in my right leg (thigh area) I thought it was arthritis from my lower back however cold days went away and the pain stayed over time the pain was in both legs but it was tolerable. about 8 months ago my feet went numb and so did my ankles it feel as if they're is a rubber band around my ankles. The leg pain is now from my calves to my toes they pain is always there nothing help not even pain meds. about 4 mo. ago my hand went numb and my arms have the same pain as my legs. I had an MRI done and my PP said I had a large amount of fluid between L5-S1 who sent me to an Orthopedic. The orthopedic did a full x-ray and with the MRI and my symptoms stated I need back surgery that my L-5 is herniated and S1 is fractured and I have a black Disc which is damaging my root nerve. My questions are Has anyone gone through this? Does surgery help? How long is the recovery? The Orthopedic said in my case it will only gets worse because the disc has slip forward and to the right pulling the root nerve with it. Every time I walk, lift,sit it keeps shifting forward causing more damage to the root nerve. But when I ask him if it will fix the pain in my arms "He stated I hope so if not we will work on that after we fix the root nerve" I am just really confused and tired of being in pain any advice will help
  • goodness me you really are going through it,the pain is just in my leg at the min,sometimes i cant stand it,i had a mri just waiting for the results,i hope someone can give you some advice to help you out,keep intouch. x pam
  • advertisement
  • my freind used karipain(extract of papaya) balm for herniated disk.before treatment he has tingling,numbness in both legs along sciatica way.can't stand and bend.He used 15 procedure and now feels much better.Try it!
  • HaldaHHalda GlasgowPosts: 1
    I was an Infantry Solider for 22 year, trained all my life still do even thought I have been out the Army for 16 years now. Well did train until 4 months ago when I woke up one morning and couldn't move, unbelievable pain  down my right buttock, leg, calf and foot. Sciatica, never reall knew what it was, god I know now.

For the first three months I never really took any pain killers as many web sites it said pain killers dont work, with a lot of web sites indicating that the only thing that could help Sciatica was exercises. I have been doing so called Sciatica stretching exercises for a month now but nothing seems to work as I still have this terrible pain.

I went back to my Drs at the 12 week point demanding help, in my opinion he was not helpfull whatsoever with ohh it can take anything upto 3-6 months or longer and  all he done was gave me tramadol ( which I threw in the bin) he also recommended me for a PT appointment.

I am now 18 weeks down the line and I have my first physical therapy appointment next week. Question is....will physical therapy help / work, or is that just not more exercises? (despair) 
advertisement