Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Hmmmm-fellow spineys-stopped hydrocodone today--uuuughhhhhh

texascowgirlttexascowgirl Posts: 535
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well,I ran out of hydro and decided not to ask for a refill.I am 10 weeks post-op,and really it is just soreness,not pain.BUT-I did not realize I would feel so miserable!The hydro really helped my arthritis too---I have been on this stuff almost a year-when the Second Fusion-the tory continues-started.This past week we have had several days in the 70's.Yesterday it was in the 30's and we received 2 inches of snow.Bad time to stop!!!Yuuuuuk-just wanted to vent
advertisement

Comments

• Darn weather messed up what seemed to be a very good plan. Worst case, you ask for a refill and try to take less. Best case, the weather turns for the better and you just vent your way through this rough patch....either way, you are brave for trying to ween off! Good for you!
  • That's what we are here for. :)

I hope the weather forecast is looking better for you this upcoming week. Those bad weather days truly make the arthritis pain miserable. Are you allowed to take any OTC medications to help with the arthritis pain?

As Dnice said, you could request another refill of the hydrocodone to take for any flare-up's you might have in the future.

You have been doing great and I wish you continued relief along the way, Jeanie.

Take good care,

Tammy :)
  • advertisement
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
    :W Sounds like Tammy wants too take my good weather that she sent me. And send it to you. What a traitor!!!
    Good luck, Jim :''(
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • I could never take away your beautiful weather, Jim. You need to bask away in the sunshine and sashay your way around the neighborhood. Ahhh... such a good feeling! :)

We just need to share our sunshine with Jeanie. I'll figure out a way to get Mr. Sunshine over to Texas and warm her achy bones.

Tammy

P.S. I'm going to need my white feather boa back in a few weeks, Jim. No rush right now, just by the end of May? The kids will be spending the summer with their father, so the house will be free for Mike and me! Woo hoo! :)
  • Awe Jeannie, I am so sorry you are hurting. When I read your post, I gasped! You are so brave to not get a refill! You are my hero! I can't imagine the day of not having to take something for pain.

That nasty cold weather definately takes a toll on our bodies/joints. I know I felt it all the way down here, it was 34 degrees down here last night!

Hang in there my friend! Maybe refill and just take half of one if you need to! Vent away, we are all here for you! Hugs xxxxx Shari
  • advertisement
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
    She's such a good girl. Until the kids are gone! image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" />
    Jim :D
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • thank you my friends! 1:30 in the afternoon-I am already drinking beer!I have been taking Aleve-I jumped the gun before the 3 month mark-so far that isn't working very well.It helps so much to have your support!--I will get through this--I truly think if it was warm and sunny today it would make it better---ok-on to the next beer-I LOVE you guys!
  • Yumm, beer sounds great! So does a margie with a bit of mexican food! Enjoy your beer and the day! Shari
  • Tex,

If your script hasn't expired and your doc is ok with it. I'd refill and use as needed. I still have some hydro left. I take 1/2 of one on a bad day to take the edge off the pain. I don't need to be medicated into numbness. Oh I wouldn't wash them down with beer though. I prefer Martini(s)... LOL... ;-)

I also wouldn't recommend Celebrex to someone I didn't like. Look on the list of top 10 meds doctors say they would never take themselves. Celebrex is right up there. It's had lots of controversy. Very popular handout by docs for arthritis. Very expensive. High copay. I tried it when I first started having pain. Gave up on it and went back to Advil. Cheaper and same effect. You should work it out with your doctor and not "name drop" drugs that someone on an internet forum told you...

Good luck.

Graham
  • That is my real motivation for getting off these prescribed meds. Sometimes I think a glass of wine might just do the job, wishful thinking? lol
advertisement