Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Its amazing just how fast something terrible can happen

advertisement

Comments

• Sorry to hear about your dear friend, you know from personal experience that the positive and affirmative thought patterns are the most healing promoting of recovery. You are in a unique position, you can help him keep the positive outlook to heal and heal the mind and body as well as can be.
    tell him were thinking of him and wish for a speedy and full recovery!
    William.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I know that right now is not the time, but when your friend is ready, I've got a book recommendation. I know another person on SH is reading this book now. I am not a person of deep religious beliefs and yet I found strength in this man's strength. I'm not sure I believe from his account he really died, though I believe he believes it, but what is important about the book is how he went through the anger, denial, and forced himself through recovery.

90 Minutes in Heaven is the book. It is a short book but very inspirational even if you are not a Christian. My problems seem minimal compared to what this man dealt/deals with.

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to your friend. I am sure that you will stand by him and help him through his recovery. I hope he proves the doctors wrong.
  • advertisement
  • Ron,
    Your friend, his family, and you are still in my thoughts and prayers. Puts things in perspective. I do not say that with any disrespect or flippantly.

How are you doing? How is he doing? It is possible you have posted and I've missed it or it's just not something you feel the need to share.

I will, of course, continue to pray as specifically as I can and send positive thoughts and energy your way.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,243
    everyone's kind and sincere posts. Yes, no question I will be there for him.. In reality, I am about the only person in our circle of friends who has experienced so many spinal problems.

I know its not going to be an easy time for him. He has already had a couple of surgeries in attempt to stabilize this upper lumbar area

My many thanks to all of you.. I really means a lot ot me and I do appreciate it so much
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement