Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Chewbaka

Comments

• I picked up his remains on the way home from work.
    I'm only crying a little bit, honest.

There's a verse on the crematory certificate I have never heard and I want to share it.

"Farewell, Master, yet not farewell.
    Where I go, ye too shall dwell.
    I am gone, before your face.
    A moments time, a little space.

When ye come where I have stepped
    Ye will wonder why ye wept"

After Death by Edwin Arnold.
  • Oh Wrambler,

You're breaking my heart. Chewy was a very lucky dog to have such a wonderful family, its a shame they have to leave us.

I hope with the passing of time your hurt lessens and can be replaced with all of the wonderful memories you have of him

Take care,
    Lisa
  • advertisement
  • That is lovely Wrambler.
    Thank you so much for sharing. I shall never forget Chewy. RIP my friend.
    Patsy W
  • I've seen this topic since the beginning but couldn't bring myself to read it. I cried just knowing chewy was gone but knew I would lose it completely as I read all these messages. So I waited. Right now I have a few minutes to cry without anyone seeing me so I read it all and cried.

Cats and dogs have been a part of my life since I was a child. I can still cry just thinking about any of them. But the ones who stand out most are two of the cats. One became sick suddenly and when we took her to the vet he kept her to run tests. Before we got home he called to say she was gone. I still cannot forgive myself for not being with Kitten Kaboodle in her last moments. The other was just a few years ago. We knew she was fading fast. One Saturday morning I found her sleeping in the litter box and knew her time was here. We were leaving for a trip the next day so we did all we could to get ready in case she went while we were away. I held her that afternoon and told her that it was OK to go now. She understood and went a few hours later in her basket. We buried her in the middle of the night under a dog wood tree(my husbands sense of humor) in our back yard.

I know there is a rainbow bridge and I know that my father-in-law is there playing with my animals until I get there.
  • I haven't been on much, to busy, that's a good thing compared to years past.

Just reading your post brings him back. He'll always be with us, They all will.

The ending of "lost" really gives me a way I hope and pray it is. When we cross over time has no meaning, so we all can be together at once, again, and in peace!

Who could wish for more? I can see my dachshunds from my youth trying to play with Chewy, He will probably do as he did when our cat would pounce at him. She was so little and he was so tall, he would not even notice she had done it! It was hilarious to watch. She would wiggle and wait for him to walk past the end of the couch and pounce, she either went between his legs or behind him, rarely did she make contact and only once do I recall him noticing! That time he just looked puzzled by the whole deal
  • advertisement
  • Wrambler,

It's great to hear from you. I am leaving tomorrow for WV to see my ailing father. Each time I prepare to make the trip to those beautiful mountains these days I find myself thinking about you and wondering how you are doing.

Of course I could trip over you and probably not know it was you but still...

Anyway, I found myself wondering how you were doing and then you post.

Glad you are staying busy. It's a start!

advertisement