Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Seeking Advice - trying to avoid 3rd sugery

Comments

• Hi Blask,

I have had two discectomies at L5-S1 and then ultimately had a fusion 14 weeks ago. Regarding your question about mobility, in my opinion from my own experience, I am pleasantly surprised by how well my spine moves after an L5-S1 fusion. My understanding from reading that I have done online is that there really isn't much movement at the L5-S1 disk in the first place, so a fusion at that level doesn't really limit you very much.

The thing that I find most disturbing in reading many many posts on this site is that there seems to be a pathology of once you do one fusion, you end up with another and perhaps a third. Maybe this is the worst case scenario? The people who are cured after one surgery probably don't come back here to say so.

I am struggling with an issue related to scar tissue build up which is one common complication after surgery, but my doctor believes that it will resolve with continued PT.

I'm not a doctor, but I have heard that bilateral numbness or pain should be treated with some urgency. Please seek out the best doctor that you can possibly afford, and get at least two opinions. Best wishes in resolving your pain!
This discussion has been closed.